Issues on Camping

Mare

Whats your issues, and thoughts on camping, I mean REALLY ruffing it. Tents, sleeping bags, coleman stove, NO PUTER :crying4: Bugs,having to pack and unpack,etc.....
But then again sometimes its nice being in the nature, peace and quiet, listening to the outside noises(irritating neighbor campers,lol) looking up at the stars, no tv, no phones, nothing having to actually pay attention to the family-or people your with.

MrsBishop and I have gone twice in the past few years. Really roughing it...no coleman stove,. Canoe camping, with portage and the works. Spent 10 days, traveling 30-40 klicks a day. Had a blast! Lost about 2 pints of blood each to the skeeters, but...it was fun!

Algonquin Park

Yeah, I think really roughing it precludes the Coleman stove (don't get me wrong, I like my Coleman stove). I do carry matches and lighter fluid though. I've never really been canoe camping, although I've paddled lots of canoes around. I usually drive in anymore, but I used to be big on hiking in, setting up camp and making day trips for three or four days, then hiking out again.

i really don't mind roughing it. did alot of camping out. i just hate to potty in the woods.

i really don't mind roughing it. did alot of camping out. i just hate to potty in the woods.

:lol: It is a little harder for "squatters" than for "pointers" isn't it?

I forgot that though. I refuse to go camping without toilet paper.

None of you have roughed it until you've gone snowshoeing and stayed in a tent. Nothing like that.

None of you have roughed it until you've gone snowshoeing and stayed in a tent. Nothing like that.
I've never done it snowshoeing, but cross country skiing a number of times. Winter camping is cool (pun not intended), it's so much quieter.

chcr said:
:lol: It is a little harder for "squatters" than for "pointers" isn't it?

I forgot that though. I refuse to go camping without toilet paper.
DEFINETLY TP!!!!!!

MrBishop said:
MrsBishop and I have gone twice in the past few years. Really roughing it...no coleman stove,. Canoe camping, with portage and the works. Spent 10 days, traveling 30-40 klicks a day. Had a blast! Lost about 2 pints of blood each to the skeeters, but...it was fun!

Algonquin Park
PS-like the new pic-took me awhile to figure out it was different :winkkiss:

Was talking with someone and they (know whom they are) was saying about ruffing it is no coleman, digging a whole in the ground for a potty, eating bugs for food and berries....

OK DAVEY CROCKETT!!!!!!!!!!
Glad I never had to go camping with this person.
And yes sqautting is a prob , especially when it hits your foot by accident, YUCK....Hard for a girl to shake and dry off... :lol2:
PS. whenever I went with hubby had everything but the kitchen sink,LMAO

Mare...Your idea of 'roughing it' is little more than a BBQ at a remote sight...:D...Coleman stove? TP? Coolers? Doormats for the tent? :rofl: I've had it worse at home...literally....

Whats wrong with minimal provisions, building a leanto & latrine, collecting firewood and building a fire, etc...etc...?Its so much more fun to experience the absence of technology... :winkkiss:

Squiggy said:
Mare...Your idea of 'roughing it' is little more than a BBQ at a remote sight...:D...Coleman stove? TP? Coolers? Doormats for the tent? :rofl: I've had it worse at home...literally....

Whats wrong with minimal provisions, building a leanto & latrine, collecting firewood and building a fire, etc...etc...?Its so much more fun to experience the absence of technology... :winkkiss:
Ha-gotcha first read one up :rofl3:

There's something special about waking up in a cold tent, grabbing a cup of joe and writing your name in the snow with a view of a mountain.

Ahhh

PostCode said:
There's something special about waking up in a cold tent, grabbing a cup of joe and writing your name in the snow with a view of a mountain.

Ahhh
Shew-tooo cold-no snowy places for me-have to go in the summer.

Squiggy said:
Being a faster typist doesn't make you less of a sissy....:p

I'm with Posty on this one...If you're gonna camp, damnit, CAMP!
Hey Suigg's be nice to me :crying4:
Not used to your thinking of camping

You never know unless you've tried it. Trust me. The first time I went and stayed in a tent I thought it was going to be the worst time. Shit, I had a blast. It's a real unique experience. You gotta take a drink with you though. It helps keep ya warm during the night. :lol:

Squiggy said:
Being a faster typist doesn't make you less of a sissy....:p

I'm with Posty on this one...If you're gonna camp, damnit, CAMP!
wasn't talking about typing faster-was talking beat ya to the Davey Crockett subject :winkkiss:

Camping in Florida = sand in yer shorts, mosquitos, gnats, and rattlesnakes. :eek13:

I camp at the beach house, stretched out on a lounge chair by the pool, with a cold beverage in my hand. :cocktail:

Back