Issues on Camping

*hides lipstick*

Oh, that kind of camping............ :blush:

Yup.......I love it, grab tent, sleeping bag and a couple of cans of food and I'm away :)

Nothing better than getting away from folks and roughing it when you need a little headspace.

I didn't realize people had issues with camping. Camping was such a hugel part of my childhood that I took camping and really roughing it for granted.

Survival camp trips are fun....only bring what you can carry, that includes food, tent, sleepingbag.

rrfield

rrfield said:
Survival camp trips are fun....only bring what you can carry, that includes food, tent, sleepingbag.

Done three of those........except we were'nt allowed the food (had to live off the land), tent (had to build our own shelter) or sleeping bag (we were given a plastic survival bag tho......which kept you warm but yer sweated like a virgin in a brothel).

It was exhausting both mentally and physically but it was fun :)

Not saying I would rush out to do another one mind......

bleach said:
(we were given a plastic survival bag tho......which kept you warm but yer sweated like a virgin in a brothel).

Or a whore in church for that matter.

I'm fine with roughing it, grew up with annual camping trips, so it's never really bothered me. Still can't pitch a tent though (well, not the new dome ones anyway - gimme an old army tent & I'm fine).

We used to have veldskool (field school), so in gr 7 and gr 10 we'd have to basically go on a camping expidition where we'd learn all kinds of information about the fauna and flora of our country - had to go hiking and do stuff like leopard crawl through the bush to a lantern or camouflage and so on. Guess they were training us in case we ever got invaded by some crazy country mad enough to want this place or summin :rolleyes:

I was in the Scouts for about 10 years so I have absolutely no problem with camping with just the basics... There's something I find relaxing sleeping in a tent with the rain battering down on it... :retard:

We took all the kids camping last summer, and it was great. The only advice I have is to start making the list of things you need to bring early. If you're going to a campground site, be sure to pick some firewood up before you get there. Most of them are getting pretty scarce for finding wood, and they charge a bunch for the little packs you get there. They also look down on you cutting down trees. Go figure :shrug:

Arris said:
I was in the Scouts for about 10 years so I have absolutely no problem with camping with just the basics... There's something I find relaxing sleeping in a tent with the rain battering down on it... :retard:

Arris, Scouts? As in Boy Scouts? Forgive my ignorance here, but I had no idea it was a worldwide thing.

Gone camping ay least once a year for umpteen years. Prefer backwoods but now settle for "non-improved" tent space.

No issues :D

PuterTutor said:
Arris, Scouts? As in Boy Scouts? Forgive my ignorance here, but I had no idea it was a worldwide thing.
yup, it's worldwide, and from what i've heard american scouts a bunch of wimps by comparision, i spoke with a mexican scouter recently, it's interesting how different related organizations can be across a border.

My only issue is I don't get to do it anymore :crying4:

7hour hike in with 40 pound packs(more if you count the alcohol & fishing gear) The last pic shows the 7 days we stayed on the beach were well spent.

Back