It pisses me off

catocom

I just heard the pres. say again several times, that illegals were doing jobs
that Americans won't do.
I'm still not convinced this is true.
What are some of these jobs that americans won't do?
I'm not talking about the pay scale, I'm talking about the job.

There are some who will do these jobs. Not enough to fill the demand though. Should be...hell, forced prison labor would be my solution.

good idea :swing:

The point I was really trying to make is that the statement "they do jobs Americans won't"
is simply not right.

Something more along the lines of "they do jobs that the employers can't find,
or are willing to pay americans to do" would be more correct.

The way that first statement sounds is like ALL americans are just lazy bastiches that won't work.

NOW, let's throw in the money.
If these employers would pay say $20/hr, Do you think they could fill the quota?

Landscaping. i worked with a bunch of illegals when i worked the retail side of a nursery, they did the install.
And there were several fresh from the border types that painted our house and did the roof work for our German contractor.

It's not just the picking but they also do the grunt work in construction. Like out sourcing, these companies that use the illigles are doing it to save money...

tonksy said:
Landscaping. i worked with a bunch of illegals when i worked the retail side of a nursery, they did the install.
And there were several fresh from the border types that painted our house and did the roof work for our German contractor.
I do know some americans that do that too, now.
American will do those...might not do it as cheap, but they do um. ;)

catocom said:
NOW, let's throw in the money.
If these employers would pay say $20/hr, Do you think they could fill the quota?

Oh hell yea...wanna pay $18.50 for a quart of berries?

catocom said:
I do know some americans that do that too, now.
American will do those...might not do it as cheap, but they do um. ;)
just goes to show it's all about the benjamins, eh?

highwayman said:
It's not just the picking but they also do the grunt work in construction. Like out sourcing, these companies that use the illegals are doing it to save money...
yep see there the thing....
The companies save money, but those people are still making at least $20/hr,
by the time you figure in the Welfare, foodstamps, and Medicaid.
So they still cost the country just as much as a whole, it just make it easier
on the big companies, but harder on the tax payers.

It is a sad fact that if you had to pay for goods and services created 100% by american labor the cost of the good will be higher priced.

Ever wonder how companies like wallmart have such "great prices everyday"?

tonksy said:
just goes to show it's all about the benjamins, eh?
yep, it's equal to selling out this country to me.
It really comes out about the same, it's just a matter of whos money it is, paying for it.

catocom said:
yep, it's equal to selling out this country to me.
It really comes out about the same, it's just a matter of whos money it is, paying for it.
Exactly.

If it cost $18.50 for a pack of strawberries, but my taxes went down a corresponding amount, I might consider it a worthwhile trade.

The trouble is in having a mobile human bieng to go where the demand is. There is a local shortage of manpower at the orange harvest time in Florida, the apple harvests in Michigan, and the grape harvests in Commiefornia. It takes tens of thousands of people skirting at the edge of society moving about in mass groups to various states to pull such demands off. I know of a few Americans willing to do it... but not nearly 10% of the load. The underpaid Mexicana element is discouraged amongst the big city intelligencia, but quiety needed and supported by big business. Its an ugly two-sided coin wherein it comes down to the American consumer not being willing to pay 20% more for produce and whatnot.

Had heard a story not too long ago about a farmer out here needed help for the pick, so instead of using the mexican mofia he went through a temp office for the pickers and specified who he wanted. I think he said documented workers only. Most who showed up were white with a few blacks, 70% walked off the job the first day and 95% didn't show up the next day.

Back