It's amazing mike!

17" at home, 17" at work. Got one 13", gonna put that on the kids computer I'm working on. Hehe he he he

*measures her monitor incase she is mistaken and it is 15"*

*is embarassed because her bos walks by and gives her a funny look while she measures the monitor*

Nope, I was right, it's 14"

if the measure of the viewable area is 14" then the monitor is a 15".

Yep, you should march into your bosses office and demand at least a 17" monitor immediatly. Tell him its for ergonomic purposes.

From corner to corner it is about 13.5 actually.

There are no more 17"monitors available :(

17" flatscreen at home (very sharp image, relatively cheap compared to flat-panel monitors, wouldn't want anything else :)), another 15" which has a crappy blurry view at 800x600 and a slightly better 15" at work, which is the second thing I want changed on that computer. The first one being memory, 3 times in the last 2 days I've seen my whole screen messed up, windows being drawn where they shouldn't, just because I opened the 'View more emoticons' window here at OTC and my memory was already over it's max....

And you are accepting that answer? Demand, Nix. To hell with em if you've only got a couple weeks left there, it should be enjoyable.

I just can't imagine working on a 15" anymore. My Mother-in-law has a 15" and I hate it, have to put it on 640x480 to see anything, and then you can't even surf right.

just because I opened the 'View more emoticons' window here at OTC

Don't feel bad Psycho, that one usually kills my system here at work too. I click on it and then go take a smoke break, it might be open when I come back. You'll learn the good ones soon enough, so you don't have to open it anymore.

yeah, 14-15" are just too small, i would say that 14 should be 640x480, and 15 800x600, those resolutions are "comfortable".

i have my 17" at 1024x768x32, not so high, and not so low for it.

I have 2 days left after today PT!

The machine is VERY good though (well, as good as you can expect for a P4).

Works just fine on my 1.8/512MB RAM, but I might be a little spoiled by that :D

Nevertheless, the P550/64MB at work constantly gives me "Windows is running out of virtual memory and will increase it's swapfile"-warnings. Hell, even my P133/48 MB didn't even do that as much, with the same programs running... so I think my boss is responsible for providing me with a workable environment :p

i have my 17" at 1024x768x32

That's what I run my 17 at too, seems to be the best all around.

Well, Nix, Friday is your last day. Are they planning a party for you?

No, I don't think so :crying3:

PS: I currently have 7 windows open. One of those is a resource sucking terminal emulator and this machine isn't even flinching!

I don't have any problems at home either, but all I've got at work is a PII 300, with 64 mb of Ram, it basically sucks Donkey Dick.

Nixy said:
No, I don't think so :crying3:

NO Party? Those Bastiches. What's your bosses Email, We'll all send him a note letting him know that he better start organizing a party, a BIG party or the Family will be there to fit him with concrete shoes.

Back