It's here, it's here, it's here!!!

I hope they have put better support for hibernation and ACPI management.

How long before it's in a release, I'm not going to try to upgrade a kernel.

Luis G said:
I hope they have put better support for hibernation and ACPI management.
that's my only wish. i'm still running 2.4.25, on a laptop with no apm support that kacks when i try to use acpi and the nvidia drivers.

All my servers run 2.4.25. I only use apm for battery monitoring, so 25 is also fine on my laptops. 6 is just coming around to being tryable.

From what I've heard, 2.6 is supposed to support kernel-based network encryption for things like NFS/NIS, etc.

2.6.4 Changelog

Luis G said:
what are you using?

a highly tweaked version of win xp pro....it took me 3 months to et it perfectly set up with stuff like virutal desktops, linux support, utilities that the linux community take for granted, a filing system that makes sense (like the linux one)...basically all the good stuff about linux, coupled with the compatibility of xp

record uptime: 64 days - and its a laptop...

EDIT: a kick ass laptop as well

so basically, you spent just as much time getting your system set up the way you want it, only to still be plagued by all the inherent problems and limitations of windows. rampant viruses, neverending overkill updates, cryptic error messages that tell you nothing about the cause of the error. i'll take my incompatable llinux thank you very much :D

Luis G said:
So how did it go?

It's pretty smooth man.
I like it..."I like it alot"
It is definitly cutting edge, and the drivers are just simply great
for the hardware I'm running. I didn't know this sound card
'could' sould this good. :nerd:

I think I'll be running this one for a while.

Professur said:
I just found a copy of Redhat 5.2. Think I should give it the go ahead?

eh I'd go with mandrake.
You can run it on a 386. (maybe not so good with the kde, or Gnome)

Back