It's mine!

simplyred

It only really works if you ignore bottling and go straight to the keg. My uncle had 4 pressurized plastic kegs of about 5-8 gallons each. One batch sized. When you have to bottle, the effort involved per bottle of beer skyrockets and that's when it's more work than it's worth.

Unless you start saving the old beer bottles from other drinking times before you start brewing.

Professur

Every single person I know of who tried homebrewing lost interest right at that point. Acid washing one keg was a whole lot easier. Only problem is ... those kegs cost over $150 each on this side of the pond.

nalani

I've always wanted a British trashcan that said 'RUBBISH' on the front.

just curious - why do you want one of those? Are they rare in the cont 48? That's what we call garbage out here - rubbish - and a lot of the public trash cans either say 'opala (Hawaiian for rubbish) or rubbish :D

unclehobart

Prof, The door is quasi fixed in that I have dremeled out the strike hole for the deadbolt much cleaner so that it locks quite firmly now. I have not however contracted someone to reset the entire doorframe from the ground settle on up. We were waiting for Toby to get out before we settle into some of the more potentially overwhelming projects.

Na, The word rubbish (at least here in the southeast) is nonexistant. If it wern't for some Bugs Bunny cartoons or Monty Pytons skits, we wouldn't have it in our basic language here at all. Here it is only 'garbage'.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Prof, The door is quasi fixed in that I have dremeled out the strike hole for the deadbolt much cleaner so that it locks quite firmly now. I have not however contracted someone to reset the entire doorframe from the ground settle on up. We were waiting for Toby to get out before we settle into some of the more potentially overwhelming projects.

Na, The word rubbish (at least here in the southeast) is nonexistant. If it wern't for some Bugs Bunny cartoons or Monty Pytons skits, we wouldn't have it in our basic language here at all. Here it is only 'garbage'.

Waitin' on Toby to get out? Is yer carpenter in jail? :shrug:

And don't sell us short. We gots garbage, and trash, and shit, and junk, and...

Inkara1

Not bad considering he was supposed to be 100 percent out by Thanksgiving. If only Caltrans had that good of a record.

unclehobart

Waitin' on Toby to get out? Is yer carpenter in jail? :shrug:

And don't sell us short. We gots garbage, and trash, and shit, and junk, and...

I tend to think of anything that will fit into the can as garbage. If its bigger, then it is junk. If its junk and you have no idea what it is or where it came from, then it is shit. I tend to think of trash as a collective classification that can describe a stuffed garage or a teenager bedroom.

unclehobart

Toby has to get out because the place has bigger issues that need ot be addressed first.. like ripping out the carpets, and getting an electrician in here to redo some of the lighting and whatnot. We need to be able to breathe the air and see our way around before getting into a simple half inch settling issue on one beam.

I must say that the phone not ringing in about three days has been bliss. The damn thing used to ring for him 10-15 times a day.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
1 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the trash can Tonks!

2 - Is the 10% remaining anything critical? If he's not part of the 10% himself I say throw it all in the garbage if he doesn't show up for it in a timely manner :D

tonksy

It's the ten percent that is keeping us from changing the locks and calling in a renovator.

unclehobart

No it will not. I'm trying to get the mess outta there so I can move 2/3 of what is in the garage down into the basement mudroom. The only thing I want to leave in the garage are petroleum anythings (propane cannisters, gascans, lawnmower) I want to get all of my tools, jumpercables, backup supples, battery charger... you get the idea... down in there and organized.