It's on!

No wild goose chase. The link I gave you has Gonz clearly indicating that local cops are involved in some "coming Fascism" related to silencing anti-Obama crap. So answer the question.

I even gave you very specific step-by-step instructions on how to post the link I can follow to see where this occurred. Give me the link to the specific POST, not just the link to the THREAD, and I will go there and I will answer your question. What is so hard about that?

Now if the lead post #1 is what you are talking about, there was absolutely no attempt by Gonz to tie the actions of the local police with anyone in Washington, DC in general let alone Obama in particular. Your premise is specious unless you have a more specific example and are willing to give me the link.

I even gave you very specific step-by-step instructions on how to post the link I can follow to see where this occurred. Give me the link to the specific POST, not just the link to the THREAD, and I will go there and I will answer your question. What is so hard about that?
Oh for the love of Mike!

Here

Thank you for the link but how does that post in any manner whatsoever try to tie Obama to the local constabulary?

perhaps you should try to make more direct assertions, jim. seems like everybody is getting lost in your tangled webs here, yourself inclusive.

Okay. Here is the history.

I replied to Spike about not responding to Minkey's post. I said:

Minkey's post #2 was simply not worth responding. The police are local municipalities and Obama is with the federal government. Apples and oranges. All government is not the same. The comparison was ludicrous.

Minkey's post attempted to link Obama and the police as similar entities. He stated this:

um, jim, one would expect the police to be SUPPORTING ACORN if obama was

1) actually in love with ACORN like you think he is, and
2) using his official influence in inappropriate ways

see, obama is in the GOVERNMENT, like THE POLICE.

His assumption is that the police would be somehow linked to Obama by virtue of their agreeing with Obama's policies. His contention that "obama is in the GOVERNMENT, like THE POLICE." is ludicrous because they are vastly separate entities with no direct links other than the law.

Spike replied:

You must have thought Gonz trying to tie Obama to city police in this thread was utterly ludicrous then. Right.....Right?

His premise is fatally flawed by the fact that nowhere in the thread header, or the link Bish gave, does Gonz attempt to "tie" or "link" Obama to the local police. The police officer in that incident was acting autonomously as evidenced by the statements of his superiors. He made a judgment call, not a call to Obama in DC. His lack of command of the English language became a problem for the person whose sign he confiscated because he held the POWER, but not the AUTHORITY, to do so.

Are we clear now?

I don't know about anyone else but my money is on NOT.

You forgot the the part of the history where you tried to make a ludicrous connection between Obama and the incident in your original post.

But it is good to know that you would think it was ridiculous if Gonz was trying to connect Obama in any way to the incident in that other thread. Thanks for that.

And how interesting to note the part you left out. You know, the part where the republicans were so strongly involved. But just a little more reading and then you'll have a more complete picture the republicans are not free from guilt.

www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_02/016983.php
wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2009/02/20/gramm-tour/

Back