It's over. It's finally over.

Professur

Server+ exam is done. HP Proliant Server exam is done. IBM eServer exam is done.

Finally I can take a break. I'm too old for this crap.

So...these'll do what? Keep you your current job or let you slide into something a little better?

You wish. They're trying to get me to sign a paper saying that if I quit, I have to pay back all the expenses for the exams.

Professur said:
You wish. They're trying to get me to sign a paper saying that if I quit, I have to pay back all the expenses for the exams.

I'm sorry but I believe I've forgotten how to spell my name...

Congrats you old fuck, looks like old dogs & Scots can learn. Sign it, sure, when it says $5000. more a month.

damnit prof, now you've got me feeling inadequate cuz i've been too lazy to get that certification shit done.

I need to get off my ass and finish a few certifications. I think CCDP is next.

Congrats on the certs, BTW. How was server+?

yeah, there's a bunch of xyz+ certs, are they recognized by anyone, or just a scheme to build cashflow for compTIA

I think you can used the A+ with either Server+ or Network+ to replace a single exam for the MCSA, for what it's worth.

They're necessary pre-req's for just about any warranty repair cert. Wasn't as tough as I feared. But I took the 001 exam. They're phasing that out in favour of a new exam. And the one I took was very, very vendor non-specific. To the point that most of the questions were general trouble shooting and repair. I hear the new one's gonna be a lot tougher.

Well, that sucks. Just got told, our company's parent company just got bought out by it's former owner. No word yet on what's gonna happen to us.

Not really. I hate not having a boss. I hate being a boss. And I really hate having to deal with invoicing.

Back