It's that time

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The geese are leaving here in droves. Of course it's usually at about 1am to wake me up just as I'm getting off to sleep.

The leaves are changing too. *sigh* Winter's on it's way. :eh:

Oh the leaves are changing......... :crying4:
Another season from north i'm going to miss..... :crying4:

I used to love to lay in bed in listen to the geese! :D

Ain't changin here yet, not even on the mountain. As dry as it's been, the fall colors will likely last about 35 minutes this year, again depriving me of one of the primo hiking times to be had.

"runs to store to buy more shot " Ill make sure some of them geese dont return to bother you les. :)

The weather here is getting nippy as well so I know it's on it's way cuz my knees and the wifes back can tell. ( Yeah those stories we heard from mom n dad about being able to tell the weather is changing by their bones is TRUE!)

The nights are getting cool but the days aren't too bad yet. I can't say that i've seen any geese or anything leaving as of yet and the trees in our area are still green. Some are beginning to change to yellow, but not many.

NO No remember I had an accident in 01 I need knee replacements and just before that in 95 we were hit broadside and my wife now has a degenerating spine from a driver who had a stolen car and then took off after the accident. Life it never ceases to amaze me.

I've got that 'feeling it in my bones' thing going on the last couple years. It blows.

I freakin' LOVE fall. It's going to be mid 50's Saturday morning, high around 70. That's perfect.

Time for some hiking (took the boy on a long one yesterday and sweated my butt off) and fishing. Break out the light jackets!

Of course, for you folks up in Canada, you have to think about changing to the snow tires and buying 4 fucking cords of firewood. I can see how that might change your perspective.

4? Only as a backup. If you're serious about heating with wood (the in-laws do) you're looking at 10 cords of hard maple, ash, and birch.

And some of us just leave the snow tires on and drive to Georgia on them. The math actually makes a certain amount of sense. On average, one set of winter tires , driven only during the winter months, will do a car for life. Say 10 years. You'll need two sets of 4 season tires during that period. So total up three sets of tires for a ten year car life. In that time, changing twice a year at an average of $10 per tire costs $80 annually. I pay $110 each for my winter tires, $80 for each 4 season. Total cost over 10 years is $1880. By just running with the winter tires all year round, I'll wear them down to useless in about 4 years on average. So I should scrap the car with 2 years left on it's third set of winters, needing two tire changes, totalling $1400. There's an actual slight decrease in the fuel milage, but then, most people don't keep their tires at the proper pressure and they wind up paying that anyways.

Back