I've noticed his absence....

markjs

Banned
Meaning, Winky: Troll extraordinaire. I complained about his personal attacks about me, specifically because I was annoyed by his repeated references to my past meth use, and his repeated assertions that I will return to that lifestyle. I shared this information with the entire forum that I might help others understand it some and perhaps even that it might be helpful to someone. I am not particularly a private person and I really have nothing to hide. I do not however need constant taunting and discouragement, not especially about such a grave and serious matter as addiction. I'd have had no problems ignoring his inane and childish insults, had they not been about such a personal matter that is so central to my life.

It seems however that he has dissapeared and this concerns me. I, in no way meant for him to be chased off entirely, I only wished that he be asked to back off a little. It really got bad when he claimed publicly to have me on ignore then continued sending me private messages. I realize that I may not be the only reason for his absence, and I respect that. If he's generally been ann ass like that for a long time then by all means begone with him. I also do not need to know why he is gone and I am not asking. I simply want to be heard on this issue, and I do want it understood that it was never my intention for him to be driven off. I simply wanted him to let up on me about the meth issue.

While he and I disagree about almost everything in life, I will stand up for his right to participate in this or any other public opinion forum, provided he isn't a habitual offender against the AUP. If he should return, I have no problem going back to my old policy of simply not acknowleging him whatever, so long as the personal attacks do not resume. Thank you, Mark

Inkara1

I'm not worried... he'll sometimes go for months at a time without posting anything, although he'll still lurk.

unclehobart

As Inky said, don't take his lack of presence as a personal affectation. He is a tidal poster... strong crashing waves for weeks... then calm and nothing for weeks. He's just cyclical.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
his repeated assertions that I will return to that lifestyle.

He has historical facts & figures on his side. You, the individual, may stay clean & sober. You, the statistic, are going back to using.

Once you release that information, expect derision. The past is the there, like it or not. Ignoring it will not make it change. Consider it penance.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah winky will be back soon enough. he's not so much of a pussy communist as to let this become a permanent absence.

markjs

Banned
He has historical facts & figures on his side. You, the individual, may stay clean & sober. You, the statistic, are going back to using.

Once you release that information, expect derision. The past is the there, like it or not. Ignoring it will not make it change. Consider it penance.

I never ignore it....I go to AA or NA meetings on a daily basis generally, but I don't need idiots like that taunting me. If I ever forget it then I am in trouble.

markjs

Banned
Actually it is really peaceful, I mean there's plenty to argue about but so far as I can see not so much out and out hatred flying around.

spike

I didn't dig it up. There was a post above mine where somebody was talking about how there should be a patio at their Barnes & Noble. Hadn't seen the name before and their postcount said "N/A".

After seeing that my natural response was "Hrmnnn?". Somebody deleted the post.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Patios at bookstores would indeed be awesome. Sitting and reading in the sunshine over a mojito before purchase. :lloyd:

MrBishop

Patios in libraries, or lounge areas inside..maybe with a few overstuffed chairs and a coffee-joint.

Most libraries take themselves far too seriously.

MrBishop

A store that a friend of mine owns has it's own in-house cats...they kinda lounge around the shelves waiting for the next suck..er..client to take an interest in rubbing their bellies. A pretty esoteric store, so the cats fit in quite nicely.