Japan being gassed...

highwayman

:confused: :confused: :confused: :shrug: :shrug:

Japanese convenience store operator Seven-Eleven Japan has breathed fresh air into its product lineup by announcing it will add cans of oxygen to its shelves.
The firm said it would make an entry into the rapidly expanding oxygen market and begin selling cans of oxygen on May 24.

Oxygen has emerged as a popular new product and sparked the creation of city "oxygen bars" that provide oxygen for customers to breathe in. The convenience store operator will sell small portable cans. It is the first retailer among Japanese convenience stores and supermarkets to enter the oxygen market.

A can of oxygen that Seven-Eleven
Japan plans to sell is held up.

The idea behind the product is to allow buyers to replenish their oxygen levels anytime they feel a lack of it due to stress, fatigue, or other factors. Seven-Eleven Japan developed the product together with Tokyo based Hakugen, a manufacturer of miscellaneous lifestyle-related goods.

A drop in the amount of oxygen in the body can make people start to yawn and sigh. Normal air contains only about 21 percent oxygen, but the oxygen concentration in the cans is 95 percent, and breathing it in can reportedly bring on a feeling of invigoration.
Each can contains enough oxygen for 35 two-second inhalations, meaning each can lasts for roughly a week if it is used five or six times a day. At first the canned oxygen will be sold in Tokyo, Kanagawa and Chiba prefectures, then at all 11,000 of Seven-Eleven Japan's nationwide stores from June 14.

I can see the lawsuits already. First time some idiot smoker decides to have the best of both worlds and torches himself, it'll be off the shelf double quick.

FLASH: Sales of antioxidents in Japan go up!

They've had Oxygen bars all over California for a while now...pressurized buildings where the level of oxygen are raised to nearly double. :shrug:

People forget that oxygen is not necessarily good for you.

MrBishop said:
People forget that oxygen is not necessarily good for you.

I don't remember anything being mentioned during the F/A course about oxygen ever being detrimental.The only caution we were given was to not dispense it freely as your next patient may actually need it.

A.B.Normal said:
I don't remember anything being mentioned during the F/A course about oxygen ever being detrimental.

its only detrimental to people with advanced lung disease. increased levels of oxygen can actually kill them.

i saw a half dozen oxygen bars last time i was in Vegas.

perriair.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unclehobart again.

Aah.... Mel Brooks! :D

I'd wonder what the smog levels are in that part of Japan. That might be part of the appeal.

only a matter of time before rave kids mix o2, red bull, and E and werd shit starts happening.

'little timmy blew out his heart, eyeballs, and rectum all at the same time. it took us six hours to clean the shit off the dance floor."

Back