Jewelry. Again.

Jeslek

Banned
Ah yes, me again with my jewelry. This time, I'm looking for something for myself. Currently, on my left wrist I have a Rolex watch. Here is a picture of the exact same one I have: www.rolex.com/oyster/big/date_big.jpg (no dammit, it is a genuine pirated copy I picked up in Malaysia, but it works attracting chicks. One day I will own a real one (either Rolex or Breitling).) What I'm looking for is a ring, or a bracelet, but a ring is preferred. Not an engagement ring or that kind of stuff, just something for a finger. Hehe. Or for my right wrist.

The trick is, I'm very unsure of what I want. I want something that isn't ordinary. Something odd. Something a teen would wear with an outgoing personality, but definitely not something average. And I want to stay away from anything masonic or eastern (yin yang and all that shit). Fantasy and sci-fi are OK. And please, not some geeky Star Trek ring... Something ... CREATIVE. Even an odd stone? Or some weird shape? Mhh

And it should attract chicks, not dicks.[/siz]

Anyone have any ideas? Clues? Websites? Suggestions? Hehe. Thanks...

I want something that isn't ordinary. Something odd. Something a teen would wear with an outgoing personality, but definitely not something average.

You got to remember that you should choose a piece of jewellry because you instinctively like it and your natural personality is drawn to it. Not because you are trying to create some kind of personality or impression, and are thinking of the best way to represent that impression using material things.
Note that I'm not saying you find material things important, btw. It's just that lots of people try to define themselves by the things they put on display. This is just my advice. :)

L L, You do realize that youve made yourself out to look like a shallow con artist with that speech up there.. dontcha?

eternallife

you NEED these rings

i wish i did a referal link though so i could try to get my own.

If you have the money, then why not? Everyone's materialistic to some degree.

I'm short on ideas today, L L, but I'll keep my minds eye open. ;)

Scanty said:
You got to remember that you should choose a piece of jewellry because you instinctively like it and your natural personality is drawn to it.
I know, and that is why I'm looking for suggestions to websites. Type in jewelry at google and its just diamonds and crap. I want to see lots of pictures of odd, unusual stuff.

Not because you are trying to create some kind of personality or impression, and are thinking of the best way to represent that impression using material things.
You should know me better than that... I'm who I am, nothing more, nothing less, and I don't care what others think about that or the weird stuff I do... :) And yes, I'm looking for something material again. Just because I like associating memories with something material.

Note that I'm not saying you find material things important, btw. It's just that lots of people try to define themselves by the things they put on display. This is just my advice. :)
:shrug: I find material things important to me personally. I don't really care if others see it or now, which is why I wear my necklace under my shirt. But when I'm alone, I like touching it and remembering the memories associated with it.

unclehobart said:
L L, You do realize that youve made yourself out to look like a shallow con artist with that speech up there.. dontcha?
No? How do you figure? :confuse2:

Oh and buddy, drop the space please? ;)

Luis G said:
you would be categorized as a naco in here :D
What does that mean?

Oh and if you guys are just going to give criticism and tell me I'm materialistic, fugger off. I'm only asking for suggestions, not a fucking judgment tribunal.

OHHHHHHHHHH, for heaven's sake. You know...I can try and try to make sure that you won't take anything in the wrong way, but I'll never succeed ay, LL?

You should know me better than that... I'm who I am, nothing more, nothing less, and I don't care what others think about that or the weird stuff I do... And yes, I'm looking for something material again. Just because I like associating memories with something material.

I didn't say that you wanted to be something else other than what you were, at least not in the sense you're thinking. Everyone is conscious about the impression they give. It's human behaviour.
And because you might think of the word 'material' as having a negative, I-find-importance-in-money-and-possessions type of meaning, it doesn't mean I do.
Material things are part of eveyrone's lives and you use them to say things about yourself, whether you're conscious of it or not. I do it, you do it, everyone does it. It was just a piece of advice that I gave you from personal experience.
I do it all the time...I think about what this or that item would say to someone else about me. Then I have to remind myself not to focus on it too much. And so I say the same to you as a helpful hint.

p.s. I don't know you at all.

You ask for an explanation followed instantly with a 'fugger off all critics'. I will choose the latter as you have put me in a foul mood.

Last Legionary said:
The trick is, I'm very unsure of what I want. I want something that isn't ordinary. Something odd.

How about a freeze-dried moose sphincter muscle?

Last Legionary said:
Luis G said:
you would be categorized as a naco in here :D
What does that mean?

the definition is very complex, but the part that fits you is that of the person that needs material stuff to show what he/she is or what he/she tries to be.

i have no clue about jewerly, it is too fancy for me.

the part that fits you is that of the person that needs material stuff to show what he/she is or what he/she tries to be.

that's a little harsh, Luis ;) I'm sure he's materialistic to much the same extent that we all are.

Scanty said:
the part that fits you is that of the person that needs material stuff to show what he/she is or what he/she tries to be.

that's a little harsh, Luis ;) I'm sure he's materialistic to much the same extent that we all are.

Last Legionary said:
I want something that isn't ordinary. Something odd. Something a teen would wear with an outgoing personality, but definitely not something average

i'm not judging wheter that is good or bad, but that's what nacos say.

you know, like those drug lords that likes to wear heavy gold necklaces, gold watches, gold teeth......gold........gold........like if they needed gold to show how much they have, in order to impress people with all their money and power.

Scanty said:
OHHHHHHHHHH, for heaven's sake. You know...I can try and try to make sure that you won't take anything in the wrong way, but I'll never succeed ay, LL?
Mhh sorry, I posted this on an Everquest board too, and they didn't critisize me... In fact, they provided great links.

http://pub140.ezboard.com/fgraffeswizardcompilationfrm1.showMessage?topicID=23195.topic

Its just that I'm asking for advice, and the first bunch of posts, instead of advice, is criticism in some form... I didn't ask about the ethics of wearing jewelry, but rather if you guys know about some odd jewelry. ;)

I didn't say that you wanted to be something else other than what you were, at least not in the sense you're thinking. Everyone is conscious about the impression they give. It's human behaviour.
Yes :D

Material things are part of eveyrone's lives and you use them to say things about yourself, whether you're conscious of it or not. I do it, you do it, everyone does it. It was just a piece of advice that I gave you from personal experience.
Thank you Scanty. :) :hug:

Back