Job Interview

That's what I was going to ask. My last interview offered in the neighbourhood of $17.50/hr. Still waiting on a call :shrug: with the job starting in mid-July.

Oh... yeah, forgot you guys don't know the background info.

I'd put in my resume and application for sports editor at the Atascadero News. I got acall on my cell phone while I was in Atlanta to set up a job interview for today at 9 a.m. My flight didn't land until after 10, and it was almost midnight by the time I got back to the hotel, got the car packed and out of the lot, and the tank filled up. It was 3 when I got home, and I had the interview at 9.

Inkara1 said:
Oh... yeah, forgot you guys don't know the background info.

I'd put in my resume and application for sports editor at the Atascadero News. I got acall on my cell phone while I was in Atlanta to set up a job interview for today at 9 a.m. My flight didn't land until after 10, and it was almost midnight by the time I got back to the hotel, got the car packed and out of the lot, and the tank filled up. It was 3 when I got home, and I had the interview at 9.
Hells-bells... fuck the cash. The job sounds sweet! Good luck!

Given what the position is, don't walk towards it, run. Try to push for an initial performance review and wage re-assessment at 6 months instead of one year, but don't let it break the deal.

Congrats, man! This may be your first real career break.

Actually, they said the first raise would probably come sooner than that, once I got myself to full self-sufficiency (the sports section is fairly independent of the rest of the paper; I'd mostly just meet with the main editor once a week or so to discuss what's going on and stuff).

Its a resume' stuffer in the field for which you trained. take it even if you have to pay them... 'nless you like the idea of Radio Suck for the rest of your life.

Hell yeah man. Gonna kinda follow a friend of mine, Stan Jastrzebski, but he's in radio in Indianapolis. There's a sample show of his here (large file, 26:36 audio) from when he did an internet show for Infoble with his partner Jonah King, most of their other links are dead now though.

CONGRATS

and...one question...why did you have to go to a hotel after your flight landed...you were paying for a hotel room somewhere else the whole time you were in Atlanta?? :eyebrow:

Back