Judge Alito confirmation

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sen Specter spends half an hour telling us that during todays hearing, each Senator gets a ten minute statement, as does Alito.

Then he explains that tomorrow they each get half an hour.

Talking to hear themselves talk.

Vote him up or down, right now & save money time & effort.

Yeah, I listened to about 4 minutes of Teddy Kennedy (ol' Chappaquiddick himself) use the opportunity to call Bush names on CNN on the way back to lunch. Since I wanted to keep lunch down, I switched channels.

HomeLAN said:
Yeah, I listened to about 4 minutes of Teddy Kennedy (ol' Chappaquiddick himself) use the opportunity to call Bush names on CNN on the way back to lunch. Since I wanted to keep lunch down, I switched channels.

See? If you hadn't been using a hoity-toity satelite radio, they'd have broken for commercials before your lunch was in any danger.

CNN break in on a Teddy Kennedy speech? Bite your tongue! They might miss someone insulting Bush!

BTW, they do play commercials on the CNN channel. It's nothing but the TV feed, so they have to fill CNN's ad space with something.

[johnny carson]I did not know that.

So much for the vaunted commercial free that they're advertising up here. You're XM right?

commercial free music...

following other, already paid for shows require ad space

HomeLAN said:
Same for me with Leahy...
It was more boring than c-span.

Gonz said:
commercial free music...

following other, already paid for shows require ad space

I'm with Sirius, but XM does the same. The MUSIC channels are commercial free. Since the talk channels are usually just TV feeds, they gotta plug the TV ad spaces with something. May as well sell your own ads for that. Not sure what they're doing with Stern, but my guess is that there are no ads. I hate the fucker, so I haven't listened.

I haven't heard a commercial on a music station in a year and a half.

Today's his first day isn't it? Not that I'd ever give then 12 year old mentality more than one second of my time.

Hellacious growth, though. XM is just shy of 6 million users, and Sirius is now at 3.3 million. Say what you will about Stern, he is a piece of why Sirius is now a player.

I had to call in on a receiver issue a week back (since resolved). The rep I spoke with said they were "slammed, 24/7", even into the new year. I think they may have sold out of equipment leading into Christmas, so they may get some growth carry-over into Q1 2006.

Wouldn't surprise me if they sold out of equipment. Same deal last year, at least with the Orbiter receiver RadioShack was selling. No RadioShack had any and no RadioShack could get any for almost the whole Christmas period.

They had quite a supply at the BestBuy over here, so if it sold out then that means they sold a lot. That's good news, though; more subscribers mean more revenue, which means the service will remain viable and therefore my subscription fee won't be wasted. I definitely don't want this to become another Primestar.

Gonz said:
Talking to hear themselves talk.

Vote him up or down, right now & save money time & effort.

But it looks good for the uneducated Little Debbie munching masses when they can see someone from THEIR state on the TV talking so smart like that. These politicians can't afford to miss a campaign chance with all them home folk watching (between trips to the fridge for more Sam's Choice root beer and phone calls from Myrtle...you remember Myrtle, she's the one who had that wart frozen off her elbow and it got infected with McDonald's ketchup so she went on Ellen's show and is gonna sue...)

And surely you know by now that no four minute speech from any DC building that's ever been on a postcard can be broadcast without some guy in a gray suit who used to be a campaign manager but now works as a professor at William & Mary and as a special consultant for network channels coming on IMMEDIATELY after the four minute speech and explaining what was said for twenty more minutes, followed by a representative of the black community to talk about the impact the four minute speech will have on the black community even though we're all integrated now and blacks live right here in our subdivision and there's even three of them in Samantha's fourth grade now. [/Arlo Guthrie] You don't really expect the typical viewer to be able to decipher four whole minutes of the English language without a special correspondant, do you?

Give 'em a break Gonz. They're just trying to help.

:sick4:

Back