Judge Alito confirmation

What passed for on-camera drama Wednesday came during a prickly yes-no exchange over whether Chairman Arlen Specter, R-Pa., had received a letter from Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., asking that the committee seek certain papers related to Concerned Alumni of Princeton.

Kennedy said he sent it.

Specter said he didn't receive it.

Kennedy said he must have received it.

"I take umbrage at your telling me what I received," Specter said. "I don't mind your telling me what you mailed. But there's a big difference between what's mailed and what's received. And you know that."

Kennedy demanded the committee go into closed session to vote on subpoenaing the documents from the Library of Congress.

"And if I'm going to be denied that," Kennedy thundered, "I'd want to give notice to the chair that you're going to hear it again and again and again and we're going to have votes of this committee again and again and again until we have a resolution."

"Well, Senator Kennedy, I'm not concerned about your threats," interrupted Specter. "I'm not going to have you run this committee and decide when we're going to go into executive session."

With that, he turned his head away, banged the gavel and opened another round of questions.

Meet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C.

car1sm.jpg

"Well, Senator Kennedy, I'm not concerned about your threats,"

If the other 52 or so republican piss ants would follow suit, maybe something would get done.

I've always thought that drowning that poor girl
may have saved his life.

"Whoever" was busy whackin' the Kennedy boy's
in the 60's shoulda got Teddy too.

_

Well perhaps that is true,

he is a rather dashing figger ain't he?

a true representation of the Left

kennedy.jpg

Winky said:
Well perhaps that is true,

he is a rather dashing figger ain't he?

a true representation of the Left

kennedy.jpg

As unpleasant as that is to look at, I can't begrudge him his age. We all get gross at some point.

:swing:
PAPER: Sen. Kennedy was member of all-male club
Wed Jan 11 2006 22:40:10 ET

Conservative activists are eager to point out that Sen Ted Kennedy was on shaky ground accusing the Judge Alito of associating with people opposed to the inclusion of women in private institutions, the WASHINGTON TIMES is fronting on Thursday.

The eight-term senator belonged to an all-male social club -- the Owl -- at Harvard University. The Owl refused to admit women until it was forced to do so during the 1980s, according to records kept by the HARVARD CRIMSON, the student newspaper.

A Kennedy spokeswoman said it was an entirely different matter.

"No one can question Senator Kennedy's commitment to equality, justice and civil rights," said Laura Capps. "What he was part of was a social club, not a radical group pushing a radical agenda."

Anyway, she said, even though women were admitted to the university during Mr. Kennedy's tenure, they weren't fully integrated to the campus until much later.

Developing...

Actually a brief once over regarding the postion
that the Concerned Alumni of Princeton held was
So fricken racist!!!

They basically wanted the 'minorities' to have to pass the same tests for admission as everyone else.

A sure fire way of keeping them out, except for the Asians of course heh heh

There’s a damn good reason there are only 16 white Americans playing in the NBA :winkkiss:

Alito should have been chosen to be Chief Justice unless they gave the job to Justice Scalia.

Although my Kid isn't going to join the armed serivices
he's taking ROTC PT this semester that starts @ Oh six hundred.

Proud *sniff* Father

Think about it Gronz!

Soon and very soon indeed we will be living in a country

where everything including the Supreme Court
is dominated by Republicans

"Heil Bush, America Uber Alles"

Winky said:
Judge Alito is clearly a racist!
Therefore 'you' people should vehemently
oppose his being confirmed to the Supreme Court.

(you dumbasses will believe anything)
No, I don't believe anything without checking it out...and I don't vote without thouraoughly checking who/what I'm voting for. Apparently 'you' people don't like to think too hard though.

So you're saying Alito is a racist? Go on, I'd like to hear your reasons for thinking that.

I am, if you could stay on topic for a minute it would be easier though. So, go ahead with the racist stuff....I'm listening.

Back