Just a friendly request

:D

ok ok. i'll tell.

this, for example, could be something very friendly, but also something very unfriendly....and the best thing is, you have no idea :D

Seriously, I've been very impressed with your English Shadow, it isn't very often that I see a mistake and then it is usually just a reversal of words, same as what Luis does. I speak English, and only english, I took spanish years ago, but remember precious little, so your guys ability to know two or three languages fluently and to not only speak but type fluently just impresses the shit out of me.

MitchSchaft said:
Ahh come on. You can't even speak your fist 2 languages any more. Engrish is your only language now!
Yes I can... My parents are still Afrikaans, and I still speak that language at home. :)

Shadowfax said:
dit zou bijvoorbeeld iets heel aardigs kunnen zijn, maar ook iets tamelijk onaardigs...en het mooie is, je hebt geen flauw idee :D
Ugh....

Dit kon byvoorbeeld iets vriendelik gewees het, maar dit kon ook iets onvriendelik gewees het... en die beste deel is, jy het geen idee nie!

Afrikaans > Dutch :p

depends on what you're used to...:)

russian is easy as hell, so is greec, so is....as long as you're used to it.
every language is hard to learn if you're not familiar with it :)

I love Arabic though, just because it is so nice to write. The words itself sounds hard though, but the written form is really cool. It flows like you wouldn't believe when you write it. Not to mention it helps out so much in the middle east and other islamic countries.

Well, we've discussed that, of course, we both think the other is the one that says things backwards, but our languages are set up opposite in some phrases.

:wink2:

PuterTutor said:
...so your guys ability to know two or three languages fluently and to not only speak but type fluently...
Well I really type english better than I speak. Well in fact I have trouble listening spoken english, but I could adapt myself very easily if needed. I can comunicate in spanish with some difficulty, but only because it is so alike portuguese. And I had survival level in french, before the lack of practice killed it. Well I can still say Je voudrais un croissant and not die of starvation :D

AlladinSane said:
I can comunicate in spanish with some difficulty, but only because it is so alike portuguese.

I can read protuguese, and sometimes attempt to "write it", but i have serious problems speaking and listening to it.

Back