Just a thought on weird names....

markjs

Banned
I don't mean people either, but ratherwhat I am talking about is weirdly named products. I know there are tons and I know some of you will know some, but to start us off, today I bought a "Tombstone" frozen pizza. Now what the hell kind of name is Tombstone for any food product, much less a pizza. So anyway what weird product names do you deal with from day to day?

There's Jack Schmidt in St. Louis. Car sales.

The commercial goes if you don't know used cars, you don't know Jack Schmidt. :wink2:

There's a dermatologist called Dr. Mario T. Mata (Mario kills you)

get this one: Mervin Swanson

we called him swanny but he used mick instead of mervin hahahha

Bloody hell, all I can think of right now are the strange place names we have here. Like Hothazel (pronounced Hot as Hell) - and it really is that hot.

Hehe, I always chuckle when I go past the Kung Fu Kitchen - it's a chinese take away place - I reckon I'd be to scared to complain about the food there....would probably have my ass kung fu'd :D

re : just a thought on weird names

i have one of these always on the go in my kitchen, a sour dough starter, or more affectionately known as my........starts with b and ends in itch

bigwong.jpg

Just off I-70 in Colby, KS. They were closed when we got there, so no, I don't know if they're any good.

Perhaps one of the best Smoked Meat places in the Montreal area is called Pete's Smoked Meat.

Their Radio catch-line? - "You can't beat Pete's meat!"

Sonny's "Real Pit" BBQ - that totally turned my aunt off to the place, but it really is good barbeque. :licklips:

MrBishop said:
Perhaps one of the best Smoked Meat places in the Montreal area is called Pete's Smoked Meat.

Their Radio catch-line? - "You can't beat Pete's meat!"

I"m not sure i'd really want to try Pete's meat.

Back