Just fer kicks

Evolution or creation

• Evolution

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Creation

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

staffrodore

Part evolution, the part about us evolving from apes is crap. For if we were then how come there is still apes here? Wouldnt they have evolved as well?

staffrodore

BeardofPants said:
Staff, we didn't evolve from apes you dumb shit. We share a common ancestor with them.

Have you seen some of the locals???? I would think you'd need to re-evaluate your stance :lol:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Bottom line? If it can't be proven, and you subscribe to it as fact, then it's faith, whether it's evolution, creation, or a combination of both. That's why I didn't vote. :shrug: No third option. ;)

freako104

Evolution does have a bit more facts to back it up. it is more of a hypothesis or an educated guess

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
Evolution does have a bit more facts to back it up. it is more of a hypothesis or an educated guess

Maybe so, but it's still only a theory, and subject to the same kind of faith that creationism requires...just in a different area.

Starya

staffrodore said:
Part evolution, the part about us evolving from apes is crap. For if we were then how come there is still apes here? Wouldnt they have evolved as well?
Bear in mind the large variation found among apes. If evoulution was a straight line, shouldn't they all be the same? We're just one of those variations, with a common ancestor, as BoP said.

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
Maybe so, but it's still only a theory, and subject to the same kind of faith that creationism requires...just in a different area.

I think it requires less faith since like I said it has more to back it. and like I said it is more of a hypothesis than a theory since it is more of an educated guess. Creationism is more of a belief that people hold dear for whatever reason they have

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
I think it requires less faith since like I said it has more to back it. and like I said it is more of a hypothesis than a theory since it is more of an educated guess. Creationism is more of a belief that people hold dear for whatever reason they have

Nope. It requires the same amount. Belief either is, or is not, there.

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
that I will concede to.

So...how does this affect your thinking process? If everything you know is based on belief, in one form, or another, how do you, personally, know what to believe, and what not to believe?