Kids

I have 2 boys. Michael is 11 yrs. old and I had him when I was 25. Matthew is 5 yrs. old and I had him when I was 31. I only wanted the one. After hubby had Chemo we weren't supposed to be able to have any more children, well, they were wrong. A year to date after chemo - BOOM- Matt was conceived. I'm glad now that I had 2 children, they have each other. It sucks that they are 6 years apart, but when they are older I think they will appreciate each other more. :D I HOPE!

I have 3 -All girls :D - 10, 5, 4.
The evil one is the middle child, devious and smart. The baby is sweet as pie and if we could just get her to engage her brain she would be perfect :)
I was 21 when I had my first. I am sooooo done.

tonksy said:
I have 3 -All girls :D - 10, 5, 4.
The evil one is the middle child, devious and smart. The baby is sweet as pie and if we could just get her to engage her brain she would be perfect :)
I was 21 when I had my first. I am sooooo done.

You know in some of the pics you've posted Marlowe has that calculating grin on her face...atleast you know she's using her brain though...even if it is to be devious. Just hope in the future that ability goes into something positive :)

Oh yeah, it usually does...but 2 sides of the coin. She is smart enough to figure things out for herself so she is smart enough to figure things out for herself. Make sense? With Marlowe is more an issue of teaching right from wrong and other peoples feelings. She is a good kid and once she realizes that what she is doing is uncool she stops. But she knows what she wants and aims to get it.
Malory has classic baby of the family syndrome. For example, a convo this morning.
"Okay Sissy, go put on your white shoes"
"I don't know where my white shoes are"
"They're in your shoe box with all your other shoes"
"They are?"
"Isn't is nice when all your shoes are in one place so you know where to find them?"
"Oh yeah......(some minutes later)...are these the right feet?"
"what do you think?"
"..........."
"Sissy...you wear these shoes all the time, are those the right feet?"
*Switches feet.
The child just has no desire to do alot of things by herself.

tonksy said:
Oh yeah, it usually does...but 2 sides of the coin. She is smart enough to figure things out for herself so she is smart enough to figure things out for herself. Make sense? With Marlowe is more an issue of teaching right from wrong and other peoples feelings. She is a good kid and once she realizes that what she is doing is uncool she stops. But she knows what she wants and aims to get it.
Malory has classic baby of the family syndrome. For example, a convo this morning.
"Okay Sissy, go put on your white shoes"
"I don't know where my white shoes are"
"They're in your shoe box with all your other shoes"
"They are?"
"Isn't is nice when all your shoes are in one place so you know where to find them?"
"Oh yeah......(some minutes later)...are these the right feet?"
"what do you think?"
"..........."
"Sissy...you wear these shoes all the time, are those the right feet?"
*Switches feet.
The child just has no desire to do alot of things by herself.

I assume it was YOU calling her Sissy and not Marlowe?? Cause that would be a HUGE conversation for a 5 y/o to have with a 4y/o.

My mom often calls me "sis"

tonksy said:
We are call her Sissy or Sister or Mally.

:)

My mom calls my brother Kylie...I dunno why...for awhile he was "Ni-KYLE" because my mom would always go to say "Nicole"...she never called him "Ni-KYLE" on purpose...but Kylie...even now that he's 17 (his name is Kyle)

Professur said:
Kinda defeats the purpose of giving her a name if you're not gonna use it.
I'm not sure we intended to call her Sissy...but that's what happened. Anyway, it's a bit of a southern thing for little sisters to be Sissy and brothers to be Bubba.

tonksy said:
I'm not sure we intended to call her Sissy...but that's what happened. Anyway, it's a bit of a southern thing for little sisters to be Sissy and brothers to be Bubba.

THAT is what Bubba is

Back