Kids

In Afrikaans we have sussies (diminutive for sisters) and ousus (refers to the oldest sister). When my brother was small he used to refer to us as 'ousus' and 'die sussies' - never called us by our names. Sounded like a old age home band :rolleyes:

Just the one.

BeardofPants said:
No kids. Not having any either. Well, at least that's the plan...
That's what I thought till my little "accident" arrived... then the biological clock thing kicked in... fortunately at that time I resisted any more... something I regret now.

I miss having kids around even if they are a pain in the butt sometimes, they give you more than you can ever give them in emotional terms. Cherish your families and spend time with them making memories, they are the most precious thing in the world. Once they're gone life is very empty.

I really miss my sister too. When I needed someone to hold my hand she was always there for me.

I am 10 years older than my brother, and he called me Bubba until he was four or five, and for several years after if he wanted something.

I have one child of my own. She is three. I had her when I was 26. She was completely planned, prayed for, and a gift. My exhusband and I tried many times to have a child with unsuccessful pregnancy durations. She is a very caring and affectionate child. Now that I am with Slim I get to share in the joy of two more children in my life. A 3 yr old, 4 yr old, and 5 yr old can be an awfully lot to handle, but they are fantastic children and get along well. My daughter gets lonely and often ask for them (Mar and Mal). I don't think she has the heart to be an only child, and I would love to have more children. I loved being pregnant! It was a facinating experience for me...I was told to have family planning done by age 30. I celebrate that birthday in May so it is likely that Payton will be the only child I have that I give birth to.

Red? I still need to know if I need to pack any clothes or shoes for their upcoming trip. Also, do you want me to bring the Chicken Little dvd?

Professur said:
'fess up. You got them to sign up just so that you could avoid the long distance charges.

LOL

Tonksy, ABSOLUT send Chicken Little! And Bambi II so I can [edit-Gonz]BORROW them, yea, that's it BORROW THEM[/edit]. I'll email you about the rest so as not to bore these good people.

Probably not. But then, I really don't wanna take my daughter shopping for pads either, but it doesn't look like I'm gonna manage to avoid that either.

Professur said:
Do I want to know what pcos is?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. May cause all kinds of (hormon related) trouble. Apparantly, I have the trouble, but not the cysts. :lloyd:

You should be happy when you daughter gets her period. It's when she doesn't that the trouble starts.

Hormone related trouble? Way, way ahead of ya.

Tonks, I'm almost hoping she'll get her period soon, just to short circuit the current behavior. Almost.

You don't have to have the cysts. A woman with PCOS is constantly producing the hormone that tells the body to ovulate. For serious cases, premature eggs are constantly released. These eggs can be fertilized but are not viable to sustain life much past conception. For women with cysts this adds to the trouble.

Back