Kira

tonksy

They are both so cute! Have I mentioned that I reeeeaaaaally want a puppy?
We had an interesting visitor the other day, I was sitting at my computer and thought I saw something resembling a small tan colored cow walking across the deck. Alarmed, I investigated and found it to be a Mastiff/Great Dane type of mix dog. He was very friendly and wanted to come inside for a snack. Seeing as how we have cats that might appear to be a snack for a behemoth like that I brought him some cheese and 2 hot dogs. He must have just slipped out of someones house because he was quite well fed with clean teeth and ears...but he had no tags. We offered him water but he wasn't interested (another sign that he hadn't been out long). He got in our garage and tried to eat our cat carriers so we figured he really shouldn't be hanging out around our house. We shut the garage doors and said our goodbyes. He ambled off in between our 2 neighbors houses and hasn't returned. Hope the big sweetie found his way home.....but I figured he must have or he'd have come back for more hot dogs.

Mirlyn

highwayman said:
Good mix, although the border collie can be stuburn but the dog should do good around people...
She's great with the kidlets and doing pretty well with the cats. We went for a walk this morning and after a hundred feet or so of figuring out which side she was on and how the leash works, she was heeling and rarely stopping. Pretty darn good temper too....think we got a keeper. :D

highwayman

Mirlyn said:
She's great with the kidlets and doing pretty well with the cats. We went for a walk this morning and after a hundred feet or so of figuring out which side she was on and how the leash works, she was heeling and rarely stopping. Pretty darn good temper too....think we got a keeper. :D

Glad to hear that, one breed of dog that is the best with kids is the black lab, I think you made a good choice there...

greenfreak

Oh my. I've mentioned my dog growing up, he looks exactly like him. Tucker was also a lab/border collie mix and had the same white line down his chest.

You have got one energetic and intelligent dog there! But you know all about them already. So I'm assuming you adopted/rescued instead of bought???? Hmm??? :D

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of Kira pics on your gallery! Black dogs are the hardest to photograph but these do her justice. She's a beauty. :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Aww... what a sweetie. Give her a cookie from me.

Both of my dogs are lab mixes. Smart and sweet.

Highwayman, I'm not sure that a dog that can't make visitors uncomfortable by sniffing their crotch is all that useful, but I could be wrong. OTOH, I always think it's amusing how even the littlest dogs still think they're big dogs. :D
attachment.php

Most of you will remember this pic of Emmy Lou...

highwayman

chcr said:
Highwayman, I'm not sure that a dog that can't make visitors uncomfortable by sniffing their crotch is all that useful, but I could be wrong.

Had a neibor that had a Golden Retreiver that had a habit of sniffing a visitors crotch, I cured the habit whenever I visited by grabbing the dogs nose and snapped her nose and told the dog NOT to do that anymore. From that time on the dog never sniffed my crotch any more, not sure of other people....

Mirlyn

greenfreak said:
You have got one energetic and intelligent dog there! But you know all about them already. So I'm assuming you adopted/rescued instead of bought???? Hmm??? :D
Adopted from the Kansas Humane Society, as always. :)
unclehobart said:
Kira? A Star Trek ref?
Cam thinks its also from Dragonlance (book series), actually. A double refrence. :D

Mirlyn

greenfreak said:
I'm looking forward to seeing lots of Kira pics on your gallery! Black dogs are the hardest to photograph but these do her justice. She's a beauty. :)
Thanks! We brought her home Saturday afternoon....haven't had much time to play with the camera. :)

Can I buy another weekend....starting, say, tomorrow? Nay? :( :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Great looking dog. Doesn't look much like a pup though. Kudos on the Humane Society thing, all of our mutts have been saved too. Don't know if I've posted our most recent addition, Missy.
attachment.php

AlphaTroll

This is a really bad, blurry pic of mine...he's a Boerboel / Boxer cross (and I am pretty sure he has Chow and/or Lab mixed in there somewhere too).

tonksy

PT said:
Great looking dog. Doesn't look much like a pup though. Kudos on the Humane Society thing, all of our mutts have been saved too. Don't know if I've posted our most recent addition, Missy.
attachment.php
EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWIT'SSOOOOOCUUUUUTE!
ahem...excuse me...very fine looking dog you have there, Corey.