Ladies - avoiding the rape

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In the 80's California had a ballot measure to increase the jail time for a cop killer. I voted no. Cops are not more important than blacksmiths.

MrBishop

In the 80's California had a ballot measure to increase the jail time for a cop killer. I voted no. Cops are not more important than blacksmiths.

Up here..killing a cop will get you a +10 years to any sentence you get dinged with.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Depends on whether you have been robbed or you need a horseshoe.

When you need one, yea, When they get killed, should it matter what you label the criminal, beyond murderer?

Up here..killing a cop will get you a +10 years to any sentence you get dinged with.

So, your life is worth less than a cops...even though he knew the risks & you were justa victim?

MrBishop

This reminds me of the reaction during 9-11 when the numbers of cops and firemen killed were being released. The horror! The drama! They were heroes!

Ok..but nobody was talking about the accountants, secretaries, lawyers and clerks in the same light. Kinda drives home the difference between Firemen and mail-clerks, eh - and why people feel that killing a cop should carry a higher cost than killing your neighbour.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In that specific incident, as the secretaries & day traders & postal workers were heading out the door...the emergencey personel were heading in.

There were countless acts of heroism that day. I, for one, didn't toot the horn of the responders, because of exactly what you say. It was their job. They knew the risks, Bob, from legal, stuck around & helped Tabitha, the donut gurl...that was heroism.