Ladies - why bother if it bothers you so much?

MrBishop

Dontcha hate it when men talk to your breasts instead of you? Check out your ass as you walk by? Oggle you etc...

I'm a viewer...if it's out in the public eye, my eye is involved.

So...you're wearing nice clothes...you're trying to look attractive or sexy, and then you object to people oggling you? Why? Aren't you asking for it? What's with the thongs, hip-huggers and low cut tops if you don't want to be seen?

**Please don't say that it's for comfort that you're wearign those clothes** Sweatpants are more comfy than hip-huggers, cotton panties more than thongs, flat shoes more than high-heels and t-shirts more than crop-tops.

so...what gives?

I hate it when women wear revealing clothing, knowing full well that they want attention - then bitch about said attention.

Now, I don't wear said clothing - I'm simply not built for it nor fashionable for it; though I do wear what I feel comfortable in. And feel attractive in. And when I feel attractive I don't mind getting a few looks or whistles. That's the fun in it all.

I guess I'm trying to say the blame goes mostly to the women who wear such attire and bitch about the stares.

But some blame can go to the tactless guys who are blatent jerks about it.

Rose said:
I hate it when women wear revealing clothing, knowing full well that they want attention - then bitch about said attention.

Now, I don't wear said clothing - I'm simply not built for it nor fashionable for it; though I do wear what I feel comfortable in. And feel attractive in. And when I feel attractive I don't mind getting a few looks or whistles. That's the fun in it all.

I guess I'm trying to say the blame goes mostly to the women who wear such attire and bitch about the stares.

But some blame can go to the tactless guys who are blatent jerks about it.

Yes..there is a point in staring. I look but don't stare. I'm not about to put blinders on my head, or a leash on my libido for anybody.

MrBishop said:
Dontcha hate it when men talk to your breasts instead of you? Check out your ass as you walk by? Oggle you etc...

I'm a viewer...if it's out in the public eye, my eye is involved.

So...you're wearing nice clothes...you're trying to look attractive or sexy, and then you object to people oggling you? Why? Aren't you asking for it? What's with the thongs, hip-huggers and low cut tops if you don't want to be seen?

**Please don't say that it's for comfort that you're wearign those clothes** Sweatpants are more comfy than hip-huggers, cotton panties more than thongs, flat shoes more than high-heels and t-shirts more than crop-tops.

so...what gives?

I'm not replying to the thongs and hip huggers, But God Bless To Your Brother-in-Law, and may peace stand by his side and may he be safe and come home safe.

Honestly, I like getting attention. I don't neccesarily "dress" for attention though. I usually always wear jeans with a spagetti strap tank top, but I get oddles of guys oggling at me. It turns my fiancee on, instead of pissing him off, because it feeds his ego I guess. I'm just convinced that every single guy is horny. It's perfectly natural to look. I check-out other guys all the time too, even though I'm happily engaged.

This is lame. Let's spice it up a little.

Do you feel that women wearing sexy clothes are asking to get molested/raped? Is it a passive agressive cry for attention?

To answer your question, Prof. I say no. Women never, ever deserves to be raped no matter what she is wearing. You can blame it on society that views women in general as "sexual objects". That's the problem, not the clothes.

I beg your pardon, but I never asked if they deserved to be raped, molested, fondled, or even leered at. I asked if they were asking for it. Wanting it? Even if only on a sub concious level.

Ok. now that you put it that way....from the girls I know, they don't think twice when they put on short shorts and and midiff shirt. Here in TX, when it gets to 120 degrees outside, all the girls walk around wearing next to nothing. They aren't "asking for it" or looking to get laid when they dress like that. Like I said, they don't think twice about it. They throw that outfit on in the same mind-set that they throw on their work uniform.

CydCharisse said:
Ok. now that you put it that way....from the girls I know, they don't think twice when they put on short shorts and and midiff shirt. Here in TX, when it gets to 120 degrees outside, all the girls walk around wearing next to nothing. They aren't "asking for it" or looking to get laid when they dress like that. Like I said, they don't think twice about it. They throw that outfit on in the same mind-set that they throw on their work uniform.

Eh, thats just not using good sense. They should at least take into consideration where they are going and what kind of people they are going to be around. Proper attire for a day at the pool is obviously not the same as for a trip to the supermarket when that route takes you through the rough part of town.

I am concerned by the utter stupidity implied in the statement
"They throw that outfit on in the same mind-set that they throw on their work uniform"

everyone likes to be found attractive. women want men to admire them not attack or blatanly ogle them, well...in most cases. the old saying holds true- if you've got it, flaunt it because you won't have it forever. but that doesn't give men (or other women) the right to be obnoxious or violent. i've never understood rape. if they don't want it- how fun can it be? do you feel like a big, macho man because you over powered a woman? come to my house i got something for you.....

I beleive women should dress how they want, and not be afraid.

and I love looking at women who are well, or scantily clad, but I don't stare, whistle or attack

unless they say please

tonks said:
everyone likes to be found attractive. women want men to admire them not attack or blatanly ogle them, well...in most cases. the old saying holds true- if you've got it, flaunt it because you won't have it forever. but that doesn't give men (or other women) the right to be obnoxious or violent. i've never understood rape. if they don't want it- how fun can it be? do you feel like a big, macho man because you over powered a woman? come to my house i got something for you.....

Speaking of obnoxious and violent ...

Pinning it back up for two reasons.

1) I just quoted this thread in another thread
2) It'd been a while, and curiosity abounds :)

MrBishop said:

Honestly, even though currently thongs are not my underwear of choice (please see the Underwear thread :D) I can vouch that if one is used to wearing thongs then they ARE more comfy than regular underwear...because one isn't used to having anything on their bottom and regualr underwear feels weird. Also, some people may prefer tighter shirts or even lower pants...they may find them more comfy...a lot of what's comfy has to do with a person's body type after all...

But, anyway...regardless...if a person is out in public, no matter how they are dressed, others have the right to LOOK at them. Stare, cat call, assault, etc...no, noone has those rights no matter how the other person is dressed. But, if you're gonna complain about people LOOKING at you then you need to stay home IMHO.

If I go outside wearing something that shows off my butt-crack and cleavage, then I'll just have to accept it if people are looking at me. I'll also have to accept it when they come up to me and say "For the love of God, why? Why??" with teary eyes.. :p

But that just ain't gonna happen.

It's not just a matter of physical comfort (such as thongs are more comfy than cotton to me) but also mental comfort.... It's much nicer to be stared at for looking good (alrighty, like that's ever going to happen for me) than to be stared at for looking lousy (whether really being stared at or just thinking they will/are).

I sternly refuse to ever try on a thong, every time I hear someone say "thong" and "comfy", my mind goes like this:
ignoresmiley.gif

*stubborn bastard*

Back