laissez le bon ton roulez

fat tuesday is this tuesday. same as shrove tuesday, then comes ash wednesday and lent begins.

Mind you...Mardi Gras is a week-long festival ending on Fat Tuesday :D - so, I can see where the confusion might happen

MrBishop said:
Take it from a guy who works for a church... Shrove Tuesday is next week and not today :D

When you're quite done with the colour crap .....

I'll remind you that not every church follows the Anglican calendar. And you work for a church, but don't attend it. I don't expect the janitor gets his daily readings listened to much either.

February 2005
Team 3
February 7/06 - 10:30 am Service ~ "Transformers"
February 7/05 Annual VESTRY Meeting at 7:30 p.m.
February 8/05 Shrove Tuesday - Pancake Supper
5:30p.m - 7:00 p.m. ~ $5.00 per person or $12.00 per family
February 9/05 Ash Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
February 13/05 - 10:30 am Service ~ "Piercing the Darkness"
February 16/05 at 8:00 p.m. A.C.W. Valentine Desert and Card Party. Tickets are $7.00

http://www.netcomsolutions-ont.com/Christ_King/calendar2.html

Fat Tuesday and Shrove Tuesday are both on the 8th.

to tell you the truth, i've been thinking today was wednesday all day so technically it's not the week of mardi gras. so my king cake and boudin ingestion?...let's just call it tailgating.

bunycake.gif

pancake_bunny.jpg

That's a pancake? Ours are really thin, and bigger. We have them for dinner, usually served with peasoup on the side.

And there ya go. I'm hungry again.

Note to self: stop talking 'bout food!

DUUUUUDE I thought Les was saying it was this week and I was SO sad cause I JUST ate supper and I was like "DAMN should have checked here first"

*makes HUGE mental note to have pancakes NEXT Tuesday :D*

Professur said:
When you're quite done with the colour crap .....

I'll remind you that not every church follows the Anglican calendar. And you work for a church, but don't attend it. I don't expect the janitor gets his daily readings listened to much either.
Says you, I don't attend.

In either case...I HAVE to keep track of dates with more fervor than most parishioners. I arrange Shrove Tuesday's pancake supper :D I create the bulletins for all services, including special services. etc. etc..

It's the Christian Calendar method as opposed to the Jewish Lunar Calendar method... and it's the same for all Christians. :D

Shrove Tuesday is 47 days before Easter. There are occasions where the RC Calendar method (Julian) **Which is alligned with Passover** and the Protestant method **Which is a calculation based on the phases of the moon** don't match... but that's more the exception than the rule.

Back