laundry is done

I have seen people with ironed jeans...with CREASES ironed in them like dress pants!!! Looks funny...

I rarely iron anything....no need to with these shirts....as long as you take them outta the dryer pronto. But holy crap at the static. They take on a life of their own. I've seen them stand straight out perpendicular.

I bought some Sam's Choice dryer sheets a few months ago to try to reduce the static but the dryer sheets ended up ruining 5 of my best shirts. They left spots all over them. It even said on the back of the box, "If spotting occurs, rub with a bar of soap and rewash" pffft, didn't do a damn bit of good. Those spots were there to stay. Looked like I had been sprayed with chicken grease. I took the shirts back to Wally- Mart and raised hell....they gave me $15 per shirt :D I told them they need to take those crap dryer sheets off the shelf.

Nixy said:
I have seen people with ironed jeans...with CREASES ironed in them like dress pants!!! Looks funny...

Hey, *handonhip I used to do that a long time ago...and roll up the pant leg into a cuff....yes, I was a goober.

I never iron either. I've got a little iron-shaped steamer but I usually just wear my shirts wrinkled. No one ever says anything.

My mom always shuts off the dryer when no one's at the house, too, kind of like how I am with the old gas wall furnaces in my apartment. I don't like to leave them on when I'm alseep or away from the house. We want to watch the house burn instead of it happening when we're away.

i can iron. have in the past. she just wont let me.
(not that i'm trying my best to convince her otherwise)

Leslie said:
Cheer. Clothes seem to actually start to look newer with Cheer.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind.

tonksy said:
Woolite is very expensive. What temperature are you washing in? That has more to do with it than the detergent.

I use cold water for colors.

alex said:
I rarely iron anything....no need to with these shirts....as long as you take them outta the dryer pronto. But holy crap at the static. They take on a life of their own. I've seen them stand straight out perpendicular.

I bought some Sam's Choice dryer sheets a few months ago to try to reduce the static but the dryer sheets ended up ruining 5 of my best shirts. They left spots all over them. It even said on the back of the box, "If spotting occurs, rub with a bar of soap and rewash" pffft, didn't do a damn bit of good. Those spots were there to stay. Looked like I had been sprayed with chicken grease. I took the shirts back to Wally- Mart and raised hell....they gave me $15 per shirt :D I told them they need to take those crap dryer sheets off the shelf.
I hope you ain't a techie... ESD hell. :rofl4:

Aunty Em said:
I hope you ain't a techie... ESD hell. :rofl4:

We had to send a guy home one time for that. I can't remember what he was wearing, but he shocked three people jsut getting his morning coffee.

I can't stand ironing. I try to take things out of the dryer right away so that I avoid the wrinkles. If it is slightly wrinkled, throw it in the dryer for a few min and voila!

I used to have to iron all my dad's shirts when I lived at home. It drove me nuts. What drove me even more nuts is my mothers clients (she's a hairdresser at home). These little old ladies would come over to get their hair done, see me ironing and would ask if I would come over to their place to do theirs. Yeah right! Do your own f#@%$&g ironing!

Professur said:
We had to send a guy home one time for that. I can't remember what he was wearing, but he shocked three people jsut getting his morning coffee.
Fortunately I can't remember the last time I shocked anyone(it's all that cotton I wear)... maybe skinny dipping but not because of my clothes... lmao!

Maybe techies should have a dress code other than jeans and geek t-shirt?

I'm allowed to be derogatory... I'm a trainee tech. Just got my A+ OS Tecnologies exam to pass and I'll be certified... and who was that muttering "she should be" at the back eh?:lol: :p

Actually jeans and t are very sensible being cotton, less static.

Aunty Em said:
I'm allowed to be derogatory... I'm a trainee tech. Just got my A+ OS Tecnologies exam to pass and I'll be certified... and who was that muttering "she should be" at the back eh?:lol: :p

Actually jeans and t are very sensible being cotton, less static.

Great. Then you'll be a certified, unemployed geek.

Professur said:

A power dresser, huh?

Not quite that bad, but I sure as hell wasn't gonna let him near a customer's machine.

y'know, now that I think of it .... could that be Rob's curse? Maybe it's those damn Hawaiian shirts he wears all the time. Could it be that simple?

Nope. He wears cotton t-shirts alot too. Plus it happens in the summer when it's humid. He just has a black cloud of electronic doom over his head.

Back