• Gas

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Electric

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pushy thing

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Leslie said:
I'll go broke in Band-Aids for knees if I do that.

Not if you get a decent pad...

Leslie said:
So, it looks like because I can't possibly handle a cord, it's a toss-up between cordless and pushything.

I'd get buffer with the pushy thing.

Get Paul to do it...:devious:

push-lawn-mower-last2.jpg

Professur said:
Then you might have that trouble too. I'm a shade under 5'6
Glad we see eye-to-eye there. ;)

I really never had a slipping problem with mine unless I let the grass get too long. The angle of attack didn't really seem to make much difference. Of course now I mow 2.2 acres and I'd hate to try to push that off.

chcr said:
Glad we see eye-to-eye there. ;)

I really never had a slipping problem with mine unless I let the grass get too long. The angle of attack didn't really seem to make much difference. Of course now I mow 2.2 acres and I'd hate to try to push that off.

Sounds like you need to invest in a 1.5 acre fish pond...:grinyes:

I had to use a first generation electric mower as a kid that weighed a ton. I will never go back . It was louder than any gas mower and a pain in the ass to keep slinging the cord back and forth. Rolling up the cord at the end of the job also made your arms and hands green and mucky with grass blood. For me, gas is the only way to go; yard size, yard slope, perimeter power placement, and that I have to mow about 40 times a year. If I lived up north where the mowing surface was small or something less than 6 months, I would get a blade pushing thingy or just use a line trimmer.

but I don't want Paul to do it!! I like the yard work, I like being in charge of the yard work...so...I do the yard work. And hence, I get to choose and buy all the equipment and tools all by myself!!!

[SnP resisting temptation to say, "Then quit yer bitchin' and do the yardwork"]

In that case, gitya one of the rotary cutters, and have at it. Wear some Peg Bundy heels if necessary.

[/SnP resistance]

If it difficult for her, I will cut the lawn, then go inside, and renew my obliviousness to landscaping, the way I like it, I say pave it over.

WTF is an electric mower? I push mow, or pay a local kid going through college to mow it if I don't have time...everyone in my family has riding lawn mowers, but I have a much smaller yard (one half acre)

Slim Pickens said:
WTF is an electric mower? I push mow, or pay a local kid going through college to mow it if I don't have time...everyone in my family has riding lawn mowers, but I have a much smaller yard (one half acre)

electric engine, with a REAL long cord...actually a real short cord so you don't cut it up, but it instructions tell you to use a long extension cord..cause I guess some people complained.

It's like the Honda Fit of mowers

As for my immediate (mother's) family, there are six houses on twenty acres...also, my dad has five acres, his brother has two, and his sister has five.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Ain't you got kids? Put 'em to work.
I clearly remember the day my father said to me (I must've been around ten), "What the hell do you think I had kids for? To piss me off?" As I recall I managed to get a bit of that in too (in between keeping the grass cut in summer and the driveway shoveled in winter).

Professur said:
Well, y'see. Most civilized folk have yards measured in feet, not acres.

Meters up yonder. Y'all are metric, remember?

And count me in the uncivilized crowd, as if y'all didn't already. I mow damn near 2 acres.

No, they'all are metric. To do meters, I still have to convert to yards. But it doesn't make any sense to measure yards in yards, does it?

Back