Lead by example?

highwayman

OK, no sweat...
I'll take that 747, a fleet of those pickem up trucks, that mega 300 foot yaught over thare and an aircraft carrier to land and store the 747....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...arles+puts+his+(carbon)+foot+in+it/article.do
Prince Charles is to fly to New York, booking the entire first-class and business class section of a jumbo jet for his 20-strong entourage - to pick up an award for his work on the environment.

During the trip he plans to emphasise the importance which the British Government places on climate change as a key international priority.

But he and his 20-strong party will travel exclusively in the first and club class sections where there are a total of 62 seats.

This means their effective 'carbon footprint' is three times what it would be if every seat was used and the short return trip to New York will result in the emission of 24 tonnes of carbon dioxide.

To 'offset' this, the prince would need to pay £177.60 to plant trees.

Professur

Well, you don't expect him to share a plane with a bunch of overweight, sweaty commoners, do ya?

highwayman

Not to mention all that methane they put out adding to global warming....

If it is good enough for the commoners that pay the bills then it is good enough for him...
I say asseign him a seat between two beer guzzling truck drivers that have not had a bath for six months...

highwayman

I think they were catching heat from the tree huggers several years ago over the fact the government owned planes and pumping all that polution into the air....So thay were sold....

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I think they were catching heat from the tree huggers several years ago over the fact the government owned planes and pumping all that polution into the air....So thay were sold....

Actually its a great cost-saving measure. It costs a boatload every time Air Force One flies. If that money were spread out over more than 140 people then you'd save money by flying commercial, regardless of how many first/business class seats are empty.