Let the bodies hit the floor....

IDLEchild

Saw the new show "Bodies" at southstreet seaport today.....all I can say is...wow.

They took real bodies, skinned them, removed all the water from the muscles in a vacume and filled them with silicone polymer to preserve them perfectly and indefinetly....

...and put them on display for all to see. The show hasn't been opened to public yet, I was invited to see a private screening and all I can say is....wow.

If you ever wondered what you looked like without your skin and then some, this will definetly answer your questions..and then some.

The most interesting parts of the exhibits were the fetus room and the circulatory room. There is just something special about seeing complete preserved veins and nerves of the human body suspended in water....or a room showing, ACTUAL, preserved fetuses in different stages of development and the collection of fetuses which suffered from birth defects

All the bodies were taken and prepared in China so if you go and wonder why every body looks Asian, you'll know why.

Its extremely surreal and creepy the first few minutes as your mind adjusts to the fact that you're looking at real bodies, once living beings, and then it turns into sheer amazement and wonderment at how insanely intricate and detailed we are.

DEFINETLY go if you get the chance....be warned though, its pricey but completely worth it.

i read about this some time ago. i would definatly go check that out. if it ever makes its way around here that is...

Idle, where do you live that you were in NYC? I thought it must be a different South Street Seaport you were talking about but I found an article that confirms it's in NY.

As far as the exhibit goes, I would definitely be interested too. But I wonder how long it will take until someone gets offended and starts lobbying for cadaver rights.

i get light headed when someone talks about their dental work and i passed out on an xray table one time, so i'm guessing this probably isn't the exhibit for me.

First time I saw something like that was when I was around 4 or 5. It's just a matter of going to any Medicine Faculty and enter their amphitheatre.

greenfreak said:
Idle, where do you live that you were in NYC? I thought it must be a different South Street Seaport you were talking about but I found an article that confirms it's in NY.

As far as the exhibit goes, I would definitely be interested too. But I wonder how long it will take until someone gets offended and starts lobbying for cadaver rights.
Never mind cadaver rights...what about those foetuses? Someone(s) going to be pissed for sure!!

I'd love to see it, not as an art-form but an educational piece.

I read a book called "Stiff - The secret lives of cadavers" and was shocked at the myriad of things they do with bodies that are donated to "science". It describes everything in graphic detail.

greenfreak said:

People donate their bodies...they CHOSE to let their bodies be used...if anyoen lobbies for cadaver rights they are nuts.

Back