Let the fun begin

Squiggy

ThunderDick
‘CRYING WOLFOWITZ’?

* * * *The ferocity of the leaking and spinning that has followed the White House retraction reflects lingering splits inside the U.S. government over Iraq. The State Department, the military officer corps and many CIA officials were very wary of the idea of an invasion of Iraq and skeptical of intelligence painting Saddam as a “clear and present danger” to the United States even as Osama bin Laden remained at large.

This is an interesting statement...

*“They have to get by this, and they have to do that very soon,” says a source close to the Bush family, who requested anonymity. “The GOP can bottle up inquiries in Congress, but they can’t bottle up public opinion.”

Am I wrong or is he saying "we can cover it up on Capitol Hill but this damn press could really screw us by letting the people know what happened"?

Source

Am I wrong or is he saying "we can cover it up on Capitol Hill but this damn press could really screw us by letting the people know what happened"?
That's more or less what I get out of it too.

Squiggy said:
This is an interesting statement...

Source
what im getting is that they can cover up their own shit but that they cant cover up what people think of them :shrug:

Even before the African uranium charge was withdrawn, leaks from U.S. and British intelligence agencies had raised questions about whether the administration jury-rigged prewar intelligence to paint a far more threatening picture of Iraq’s arsenal than data otherwise suggested. Washington wits have coined the phrase “crying Wolfowitz” to describe the phenomenon

" Crying Wolfowitz" :rofl3:

Overall that article is very incriminating. Good read Squig.

at least the bush administration appears to have fessed up, the british government is standing by its nucleur claim and dismissing the forged niger documents as not part of the evidence they have.

one or the other of them is still telling porkies, if its ours then blair is pretty much finished as pm.

ris said:
at least the bush administration appears to have fessed up, the british government is standing by its nucleur claim and dismissing the forged niger documents as not part of the evidence they have.

one or the other of them is still telling porkies, if its ours then blair is pretty much finished as pm.

Rice claimed yesterday that they stand behind the statement even though the referenced intelligence was bogus....:retard:

The U.K. continues to claim that they have "other intelligence" about the African Uranium that lends credence to the assertions made. Interestingly, now the U.S. is also claiming to have "other intelligence."

They're either digging their hole deeper, or weren't the outright liars they are being accused of.

im with squig on this one. they are both responsible for thousands of lives in war and in time of peace

Its a little late to take back the statement about yellow cake from africa people are dead cause of these bogus statements! He needs to be brought up on war crimes or our we letting him off the hook? ........FAT CHANCE!

ris said:

Fortunately for us this country is a real democracy where the leaders are accountable to the electorate and no amount of money or backing by big business can get them off the hook. No wonder Tony's looking so strained these days, he knows it's only a matter of time before he leaves Downing Street for the last time. If he doesn't he will damage Labours chances of being re-elected.

Im in agreement with you here. I do think that when labour started out in power way back when they were the best thing for the country but now....Im not so sure that BLair is the right person for th job....in fact I think half the cabinet are in the wrong place

he runs teh government in a very particular way where he often meets cabinet members individually to bring them round on sensitive issues - hence why cabinet backing is always strong and almost always undivided.

tricky thing for him is that he can't go to all our houses to persuade us individually

Back