Let's declare stupidity a crime already

Professur

Charges dropped in bogus $200 Bush bill

GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Charges have been dropped against a woman who paid for clothes with a fake $200 bill that featured President Bush's picture and the serial number DUBYA4U2001.

Westmoreland County prosecutors dropped all charges Friday against Deborah L. Trautwine, 51, after she paid the store in real currency.

Trautwine wasn't aware that the bill wasn't actual legal tender, said her attorney, Harry Smail Jr.

A clerk at a Fashion Bug clothing store also apparently was fooled by the funny money.

She gave Trautwine $100.58 in change following an August transaction.

There is no $200 denomination bill, even without Bush's picture on it.

The back of the phony bill depicted the White House with several signs erected on the front lawn, including those reading "We Like Broccoli" and "USA Deserves A Tax Cut."

Source

[Gestapo leaders voice from Raider's of the Lost Ark]
"Shoot zem bose."[/end voice-over]

I'd say clash their heads together.. but both the customer and the sales assistant are that stupid... neither of them would feel it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm thinking if a clerk takes a 200 bill, it would be in the best interest of the store to just cover the loss and fire the clerk, rather than admitting you hired someone that stupid.

you know i've given customers a $2 bill as change and they've gotten upset thinking it was fake. so there is stupidity on both sodes of the counter to be sure.

tonksy said:
you know i've given customers a $2 bill as change and they've gotten upset thinking it was fake. so there is stupidity on both sodes of the counter to be sure.
for sure, so many people are confused by $2 bills. every so often i get a bunch for the funny looks i get when i pass them at stores, restaurants, etc.

tommyj27 said:
for sure, so many people are confused by $2 bills. every so often i get a bunch for the funny looks i get when i pass them at stores, restaurants, etc.
i hated to see them coming because i don't have a slot assigned to them so they get stored under the rolled change which is just a pain in the ass when you're busy. i hate all them new fangled dollar coins and the old fifty cent pieces for the same basic reason.

The Susan B Anthony dollars are the worst, especially if the clerk isn't smart enough to notice the difference between them and the quarters. We get canadian change in the drawers all the time too (surprisingly, most are from the rolls of change, not customers), you never know if you give it to someone if they're gonna raise a stink about it or not, and you can't keep it forever.

Stop Laughing said:
The Susan B Anthony dollars are the worst, especially if the clerk isn't smart enough to notice the difference between them and the quarters. We get canadian change in the drawers all the time too (surprisingly, most are from the rolls of change, not customers), you never know if you give it to someone if they're gonna raise a stink about it or not, and you can't keep it forever.

See, we like American currency here :D

We get an American quarter instead of a Canadian one and we think we've hit the jack pot :lloyd:

tonksy said:
i hated to see them coming because i don't have a slot assigned to them so they get stored under the rolled change which is just a pain in the ass when you're busy. i hate all them new fangled dollar coins and the old fifty cent pieces for the same basic reason.

I think they ought to scrap the dollar bill, and go to a coin anyway. Then you'd have a spot for that 2.00 bill...and why are we still using pennies? :nerd:

You're still using pennies? :hmm: We dropped our one and two cents ages ago. They're thinking of dropping the five cents next. :blank:

BeardofPants said:
You're still using pennies? :hmm: We dropped our one and two cents ages ago. They're thinking of dropping the five cents next. :blank:

So that would mean that New Zealand has no cents? :lol2: :lloyd:

we are still using pennies because people are so damn tight with their money that they'd just get upset if we rounded up. i've had customers wait in line to get their 5 cents back in change.

i wouldn't wait for it, but i will go out of my way to pick up a penny in the street, funny that way.

Pennies, while a common source of irritation, are, no matter how you cut it, still money. A hundred of the little devils is a buck. Since taxes make us get so much change back for our spending habits, collecting a few thousand pennies & "turning them in" can result in a nice bank deposit increase & posssibly, during one of those off weeks, can buy dinner for a night or two.

My mother-in-law will always pick up a penny. Free mney, is her position.

I used to laugh, but then I started tracking it. She made 1.13 last year (that I know of - God knows how much I don't). Multiply that by an 80 year life span, and you've got yourself a free DVD player....

Back