Liberals go after FOX News advertisers

Inkara1

AKA "We don't agree with FOX, so you shouldn't be allowed to watch it."

They've got 5,000 people monitoring who's advertising on there... after a while the organized phopne calling campaign will begin. They're going mostly after the local guys who buy time with the local cable operator to have their ads run on those networks. Their rationale is that 10 calls to Sam's Diner will have more effect than a bunch to Home Depot.

I'm curious as to how often Sam's Diner-type places (and multinational corporations, for that matter) advertise on both FOX and CNN. My rationale would be that I would want both liberals and conservatives to spend their money at my business.

exactly
IMO right now there's a semi-balance.
Lets keep it that way.

If people can't tell the difference in commentary, and reporting, they need
to take some communication coarse.

I saw Whoopi on OReilly today. While I'm not a big fan of hers, she made
a good point of the distinction, I thought.

Is he wrong about them?

I don't know. Probably some of them. Are the libs wrong about Fox advertisers? I don't know. Probably some of them. Why do we care. Businesses advertise to increase business. I suspect that for most of them politics is a very small part of the decision.

OTOH, these guys got some face time which was probably the point.

O'Reilly is an idiot. He's not news. He's media only in the sense that he's on TV. He is a commentator.

Why is Oberman covering O'Reilly like it's a news story? Couldn't find any real news?

Oh, by the way...Oberman- COMMENTATOR.

Anybody with functional brain cells knows which news to watch to get the flavor they prefer. I watch certain outlets and avoid others. Can everyone not do that? Must there be only one version of everything? I can prove that line of thinking don't work. Right, Gen. Lee?

If you want to watch a 30 minute telecast praising Bush, do so. If you want to watch a 30 minute telecast condemning Bush, do so. What's the BFD?

Anybody with functional brain cells knows which news to watch to get the flavor they prefer. I watch certain outlets and avoid others. Can everyone not do that? Must there be only one version of everything? I can prove that line of thinking don't work. Right, Gen. Lee?

They should but you know they can't, without bitching

Oh, I agree.

I don't.
I think he's extremely smart, wrong sometimes, but fairly smart.

It seems there's more I disagree with him about these days, but I think
his views reflect those of quite a few people.

He just gets a little 'high on his horse' about some things I don't see as being
that big of a controversy. (quite a bit of the 'holier than thou sentiment')
I actually have been switching more between news channels, and the c-spans.

IMO if you Only see one side, you setup yourself to be run-over.

Now I do see a difference in 'opinions' that have been researched more,
(and from what I believe to be credible, or indisputable sources)
than those that just happen to be popular. O'Reilly does have a 'team' that
seems pretty good. It comes down then, to how it's interpreted.

Why is Oberman covering O'Reilly like it's a news story? Couldn't find any real news?

Oh, by the way...Oberman- COMMENTATOR.

Commentators are know to comment on recent events. O'Reilly made a further idiot of himself and Oberman called him on it. I'm not sure what your point is.

had/has...has had, treatments.
How bad ATM, I dunno.
I figure right now, he's been working on setting up a nest egg for his family.
I can't, at all, lay any blame for that.

He's done/doing a hell of a job for the pres., and in some Mighty tough spots.
:beardbng:

Klinton supporters did, why can't he?

:laugh: What a rube. More of that "sometimes" accountability you admire so dearly.

Remember when he didn't inhale? Not to beat a dead horse, but what makes it relevant? I guess it's just "Clinton's fault" yet again...

Back