libya to give up wmd

ris

bbc more

it seems libya and gaddafi are continuing to try to rehabilitate themselves into the international community, following as this does from deals made with the families of those killed in lockerbie and other state sponsored terrorist attacks.

looks like great news :)

HeXp£Øi±

Lybia has taken many positive steps over the years to right its wrongs. I really don't know what to think as its case is truly unique. Surely these actions don't bring justice to the harms done but what is one to do? As i said, it's unique and bazaar. Forgive and forget i guess. Let god sort'em out.

chcr

Too cute for words
I hope this one is true. My rampant paranoia though, keeps asking itself, "How do you make an elephant disappear in a room full of people."

catocom

I think they know Bush is looking hard at Syria, and doesn't want
to have any part of that possible invasion.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
When the announcement comes directly from the President, you can bet it's...wait, sorry, Clinton fucked that one up.

chcr

Too cute for words
Clinton fucked that one up.

Y'know, Clinton was a first class jackass, but if he was the first president you ever noticed was lying, you weren't paying attention.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He was the first one to go on TV to respond directly to the Ameican people. When he pointed that redneck finger & gave his speech I thought it was still questionable but would give him the benefit of the doubt. When proof showed up I wanted impeachment, then & there.

I don't doubt there are lies from all of them but don't talk "to me" & then lie to my face.

See--that the U.S. set the example in Iraq is a good thing. al-Ghadafi saw Huessein crawling out of a hole in the ground and wanted no part of it himself.

Some highlights from President Bush's speech on the subject:

"Opposing proliferation is one of the highest priorities of the war against terror. The attacks of September the 11th, 2001 brought tragedy to the United States and revealed a future threat of even greater magnitude. Terrorists who killed thousands of innocent people would, if they ever gained weapons of mass destruction, kill hundreds of thousands — without hesitation and without mercy. And this danger is dramatically increased when regimes build or acquire weapons of mass destruction and maintain ties to terrorist groups.
"We obtained an additional United Nations Security Council Resolution requiring Saddam Hussein to prove that he had disarmed, and when that resolution was defied, we led a coalition to enforce it. All of these actions by the United States and our allies have sent an unmistakable message to regimes that seek or possess weapons of mass destruction. Those weapons do not bring influence or prestige. They bring isolation and otherwise unwelcome consequences.
"And another message should be equally clear: leaders who abandon the pursuit of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, and the means to deliver them, will find an open path to better relations with the United States and other free nations."

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't doubt there are lies from all of them but don't talk "to me" & then lie to my face.

Guess I just imagined all that Watergate crap, then. I'll remind you, that was for trying to cheat on an election that they were certain to win.

Oh yeah, the quote you can't remember:

I am not a crook.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
(I was 10) ;)
Youngster :p

They didn't make you learn in American History why he got thrown out? As I remember, a lot of conservatives were pissed because he was the president and shouldn't be questioned. Any of this sound familiar at all? No one is above the law. I won't rehearse my Bush compalints again, I'm tired of arguing about them. I just hope criminal charges are filed one day.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
chcr said:
They didn't make you learn in American History why he got thrown out? As I remember, a lot of conservatives were pissed because he was the president and shouldn't be questioned. Any of this sound familiar at all? No one is above the law. I won't rehearse my Bush compalints again, I'm tired of arguing about them. I just hope criminal charges are filed one day.

You're not alone. :p

Ms Ann Thrope

There are two things I suppose I should thank Nixon for: he stole my innocence and shattered my belief in the US government. :hmm:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
He did that for many, Natalie. Yet we've allowed his ways to become an accepted norm in presidential candidates. Americans can sure be stupid in the collective...:eh: