libya to give up wmd

catocom

Yeahhhh
I will have to give pres. Clinton credit....
At least he has covered his criminal acts good enough to keep
himself just out of the arm of the law, even until now.
I'm not so sure they won't eventually tie him, (or more likely Hillery)
in to some kind of 'major' illegal activity.

catocom

I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist ...remember.:D

Anyway, kinda back on subject...(since I don't particularly even like thinking about clinton)
Everytime I think about Lybian terrorist, it
makes me think of the movie "Back to the Future"

chcr

Too cute for words
catocom said:
Yeahhhh
I will have to give pres. Clinton credit....
At least he has covered his criminal acts good enough to keep
himself just out of the arm of the law, even until now.
I'm not so sure they won't eventually tie him, (or more likely Hillery)
in to some kind of 'major' illegal activity.

Yeah, I still believe he was at least peripherally involved in murder in the whole Whitewater scandal, but he and Hillary stayed clean enough...

catocom said:
Everytime I think about Lybian terrorist, it
makes me think of the movie "Back to the Future"
:lol2:Glad I'm not the only one!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
it just keeps getting better & better :evilcool:

US President George W. Bush told an Israeli journalist that "we must get rid of" Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, the mass-circulation Yediot Aharonot daily has reported.

Bush's comments came in a brief exchange with the paper's correspondent during a Christmas drinks party in Washington, several hours after a keynote speech by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon Thursday in which he outlined plans for unilateral disengagement from peace negotiations with the Palestinians.

The US government has boycotted Arafat with Bush accusing the veteran leader of failing the Palestinian people. Israel has also shunned the 74-year-old, branding him an absolute obstacle to peace and confining him to his West Bank headquarters for more than two years.

Israel's security cabinet approved Arafat's "removal" in September, with one minister even suggesting that he could be assassinated, but Washington warned Israel not to attempt to expel him.

Bush was non-commital about Sharon's speech, saying that he would wait to see what happened on the ground.

"Speeches are good things, but they are words. I am waiting for action," he was quoted as saying.

"Now is the time to do a lot in the Middle East, and I am determined and committed to doing that. You can be sure that I have done a lot until now, but I am going to keep on doing. I am going to continue to be active and committed to my vision."

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
it just keeps getting better & better :evilcool:

I think Arafat is largely irrelevant anymore, has been for a while. The current Palestinian government ignores hem, and the terrorists largely ignore him as well. He's trying to hold on to some semblance of power but his group of followers is shrinking.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
I hope this one is true. My rampant paranoia though, keeps asking itself, "How do you make an elephant disappear in a room full of people."

2 ways. Either blind all the people, or kill all the people. If you can't see it, then, according to most folks, it doesn't exist. :tardbang:

BeardofPants

Squiggy said:
I think everyone is afraid of his bouncing lip...I know I am. :retard:

Screw the big bouncing lip (mebbe he saw Angelina Jolie and wanted one? :retard: ) it's the funny little hat thing that scares me. What the fuck does he keep under there?? Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction?? :devious:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
2 ways. Either blind all the people, or kill all the people. If you can't see it, then, according to most folks, it doesn't exist. :tardbang:

That's a Harry Houdini line. The answer is: Misdirection. You don't have to kill or blind anyone Gato, you just have to get them looking at something else.

catocom said:
I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist ...remember.:D

You got the flashlight and secret decoder ring? :D

squiggy said:
His crime was THAT serious. If he'd stayed for the impeachment he would have died in prison...

Nope, the reason he stayed out of prison was that Gerry Ford pardoned him. Had nothing to do with his resignation.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Exactly, chic...He had to step down to get the pardon. Or he would have been sentenced. He couldn't give himself a pardon if he had stayed.

chcr

Too cute for words
Squiggy said:
Exactly, chic...He had to step down to get the pardon. Or he would have been sentenced. He couldn't give himself a pardon if he had stayed.

Bet you a shiny nickel he would have been pardoned in any case.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
chcr said:
Bet you a shiny nickel he would have been pardoned in any case.

Probably. But had he been tried, so much more would have come out that maybe even Ford would have shyed away from a pardon....

chcr

Too cute for words
Posted on Fri, Jan. 02, 2004

Prime minister of Libya urges end to sanctions
By Patrick E. Tyler
NEW YORK TIMES
TRIPOLI, Libya - Libya's prime minister said Thursday that the United States should act quickly to reward his country for abandoning its secret weapons programs.
Prime Minister Shukri Ghanim warned that unless the United States lifted sanctions by a May 12 deadline set forth in a legal settlement, Libya would not be bound to pay the remaining $6 million promised to each family of victims killed on Pan Am Flight 103.
Ghanim said that any decision by the Bush administration was strictly an "internal matter" for the United States, but that the deadlines and their consequences, recorded in the settlement with the Lockerbie families, were well-known to all parties, including administration officials.
A quick lifting of U.S. sanctions would allow U.S. oil companies to return to Libya this spring and pave the way for unfreezing $1 billion in assets that Libyan officials say are languishing in U.S. banks.
The more things change...
Link