LOL! You gotta be kidding!

alex

Should i report the asshole who charged me $4.50 shipping for a small coin then sent it to me wrapped in newspaper in a standard envelope with a 37 cent stamp on it :grumpy:

tonksy

No. It's called shipping AND HANDLING. But that being said he was less than fair. The handling pays for shipping and delivery confirmation and ebay fees and shipping material and gas to the PO etc.

Professur

Sorry Alex. Part and parcel of bidding is buyer beware. Anything not specifically stated is your job to inform yourself about .... prior to bidding. If you don't like it, don't bid.

Before I ever bid on anything, I always ask for a shipping quote. If they want to charge handling, find and dandy. But that reduces my high bid. His loss. If you didn't ask, you eat it. Similarly, if I ask for a quote, and the shipping is more, that's the seller's problem. And I've got the message in my ebay message box to back it up.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
WTF would I want with prof's knickers? *handonhip Fer starters, they're not pants, and secondly, if they're all bunched up they might have skiddies. *puke*

I wonder if that can be filed under "color commentary"...:devious:

Professur

BeardofPants said:
WTF would I want with prof's knickers? *handonhip Fer starters, they're not pants, and secondly, if they're all bunched up they might have skiddies. *puke*

Neg. Mummy taught me how to wipe as a child. The teaching stuck, so nothing else does.

Dave

woo-hoo! there are two fo us.
time to apply for federal protection under the endangered species act.
how much money you think we can get? :retard:

HomeLAN

tonksy said:
No. It's called shipping AND HANDLING. But that being said he was less than fair. The handling pays for shipping and delivery confirmation and ebay fees and shipping material and gas to the PO etc.

Yup! I charged a flat 7.50 for the thing I just sold, but I packaged the hell out of it to avoid damage. It cost me about 2.40 to ship. However, you back out e-bay fees, paypal fees, my time and the packing materials, I broke even on the deal. My net is almost exactly his bid.

StuTheWise

Slap me around and call me Sally, but having sold over 10,000 items on eBay (not that it's particularly impressive, but lets you know I have some experience) there are two reasons why I would withhold feedback:

1. I used to leave feedback first. Then I found out that only about half my buyers were returning the favor. On average, I had around 800 people I was waiting to get feedback from in any given 90-day span.

2. One buyer ruins it for everybody else. I ship the item the same day I get payment. Something goes wrong (either the USPS loses it (consistently lost 1 in 200 packages), or items break during shipment, or item is not what customer expected, whatever...) Rather than contact me for a solution, they leave me crappy feedback.

Withholding feedback gives a buyer incentive to write you and report the problem before giving you negative feedback. This allowed me to correct any issues (which were almost never my fault) and satisfy my customer. About half my business was repeat, so I musta been doing something right.

However, I admit a lot of eBay sellers' intentions are... less honorable.

Ok, you may now call me "Sally"... *slap*

StuTheWise

Oh boy, you're gonna love this...

I sold cosmetics. Mostly the very expensive BeneFit brand. Ok, you really can call me Sally now! In my defense, the second time I made PowerSeller I sold very manly GPS units (both for auto AND marine!) :D

Dave

StuTheWise said:
In my defense, the second time I made PowerSeller I sold very manly GPS units (both for auto AND marine!) :D

real men dont need GPS
its much better to drive around in circles till you find the place you're looking for