London shaken by explosions

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dead...

Does it really matter where he is? This war is on terrorism not a war on bin-Laden.

MrBishop

40+dead and 300+ injured and rising
4 bombs only...3 in subway stations (including a central exchange) plus one dbl-decker. Images coming in are nasty.

HomeLAN

chcr said:
Heard it on the news this morning. At least we can count on England not to cave like the Spaniards did.

Are you sure? I'm not at all comfortable predicting public reaction to terrorism in that part of the world anymore. The Spaniards took care of that particular delusion for me.

For the Brits on the board - my deepest personal sympathies. I hope the disruptions to your lives are minimal, and that you and yours are OK.

MrBishop

Leslie said:
ris, yep, I believe he both lives and works there. Hopefully he shows. I'll check HWC too for him. :eh:
I've got a bounce out to GotNoLegs as well. We'll see what comes of it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
For the Brits on the board - my deepest personal sympathies. I hope the disruptions to your lives are minimal, and that you and yours are OK.

Seconded

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
HomeLAN said:

I echo that. I haven't been able to see any pictures or even really hear any reports yet as I am at work, but I recall a day four years ago...

Winky

So when they use a nuke
how long will the reactors
keep running in Iran and North Korea?

Winky

So do we look to where the people are dancing in the streets today
and send them a load of 'shock and awe'?

karlwb

Hi,

We don't live in London ( were about 200 miles away ) but a lot of my Wife's family do.

We contacted her father this afternoon, normally, at that time, he would have been travelling to work on one of the tube's that was hit.

Fortunately, luckily, he decided tu use the car for the first time in months.....

When we go to London, we will pass through Kings Cross - Russell Square part of the Piccadilly line at least twice per day.

:(

Karl

freako104

karlwb said:
Hi,

We don't live in London ( were about 200 miles away ) but a lot of my Wife's family do.

We contacted her father this afternoon, normally, at that time, he would have been travelling to work on one of the tube's that was hit.

Fortunately, luckily, he decided tu use the car for the first time in months.....

When we go to London, we will pass through Kings Cross - Russell Square part of the Piccadilly line at least twice per day.

:(

Karl

Glad he is allright. Is the rest of her family allright?

I hope Stewy and CB and the rest of our English friends are allright. This is really fucking scary

karlwb

freako104 said:
Glad he is allright. Is the rest of her family allright?

I hope Stewy and CB and the rest of our English friends are allright. This is really fucking scary

Yep, the rest of the family are ok, I think he is counting his blessings, as I said he would not normally use his car, I don't think that he'll use the tube for a while again..

Karl

ris

Leslie said:
ris, yep, I believe he both lives and works there. Hopefully he shows. I'll check HWC too for him. :eh:

many thanks for the concern, but most fortuntely i live in bristol these days, and work in bath. this is about 100-odd miles west of fancy london town.

my sis lives in north london though, and works in town, but she has been in contact to let me know she is ok, which is a relief.

lots of other places have had scares and alerts though, cardiff and bristol trains have been right buggered up, which meant the missus was quite delayed getting home. not best pleased about it either.