Long weekend...

Professur said:
The Puro guy suprised us with the fact that it's a long weekend this morning. I hadn't a clue.
Well ,you didn't have any plans then ,did you click on the ? in my first post.*handonhip

it don't work for me :( I like that site though, I used to go there a lot before I lost the link and forgot about it.

we gots a big waterfront festival this weekend and fireworks Sunday. w00t.

I'm going to Buffalo to Six Flags Darien Lake for some camping and some amusement park fun with a big group of people! Should be fabulous!

Victoria Day weekend just finished...:hmm: :eek5:

Saturday - 12 munchkins edging towards insanity (mostly from sugar overload) running around my house celebrating my kid's 4th birthday. Word to the wise...put away breakables! I had one kid hitting my aquarium full force with a plastic hockey stick. Luckily, he's small. Damn near didn't live long enough to become tall. :grumpy: :

Sunday - recovery day. MrsBish went off to a bridal shower with my baby, while I tried to ensure that my son worked all the sugar out of his system. We WERE supposed to go shopping etc... but not much worked out and he was barely tuckered out by the time we got to the party to pick up MrsBish. Imagine...a house full of Italian and Spanish women. Now, imagine a very cute 4 year old boy walking amongst them. Can you see it? Can you see the roughly 300 pieces of chocolate and sugary sweet that he inhaled thanks to all these women? :trippy: I didn't..I was changing my daughter. Let's just say that we had to hog-tie him to the bed to get him to sleep...at 11pm.

Monday - Family visits. Less sugar, but he was still coming down from his rush.

All three days, it rained. On none of them was I able to take him biking or something to burn out the sugar :rolleyes:

Oh well...there's always next weekend.

Wait!!! Not so fast!!! He's got two birthday parties to attend next weekend!!?! AARGH! :grumpy:

*That is all*

lets see...memorial day weekend...
saturday - working
sunday - working
monday - working
at least i dont have to pick up any extra shifts

Friday afternoon - Grind through traffic on a drive that should take 1.5 hours TOPS, but will end up taking probably 3 hours (Weehawken -> Poconos)

Rest of weekend spent eating, shooting, eating, swimming, boozing, eating, golfing, boozing, golfing, boozing, swimming, eating... well you get the drift.

Hope I remeber the weekend...

V2.0's 5th birthday party is on Saturday. 30 kids invited, figure a total of 75 people in my backyard.

Here's hoping no one drowns. We hired a professional lifeguard, to be on the safe side. I also intend to be on my feet, looking down at swimming children, making sure they're all still on the top of the water.

hmmm.
thurs - opening night at the seattle int'l film fest
friday - seeing a "queercore" band, possibly after eating marginal chinese food with this dude that can't get enough of that shit
saturday - cookign dinner for friends, seeing a "pro-literacy death metal" band that hands out books at their shows
sunday - i forget but i'm sure it'll involve drinking
monday - recovery

yep, sometimes it's nice not having kids...

strip & sand & finish a hardwood floor-we have less than 2 weeks to do that (new carpet is coming)...put several shelves up in the pantry, paint 3 rooms, textured wallpaper 2 rooms then paint them, run some new electrical outlets & update some old, desod-till & plant a garden...

who's free this weekend? I need a hand or 16.

Gonz said:
strip & sand & finish a hardwood floor-we have less than 2 weeks to do that (new carpet is coming)...put several shelves up in the pantry, paint 3 rooms, textured wallpaper 2 rooms then paint them, run some new electrical outlets & update some old, desod-till & plant a garden...

Beats what I've got planned. You cover the gas and I'm there, with crew in tow.

I guess I'm going to try to get the cee-ment pond ready for summer in between the thunder storms.

Yeah, it's always an adventure rolling that cover back, eh?

[Gump]Opening a pool is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get.[/Gump]

Luckily, mine wasn't too bad. I had it perfectly swimmable within 3 days. Hope your luck is as good.

Friday - kid softball game, weather permitting

Saturday - whatever my health permits. I'd sure like to do some fishing...

Sunday - church, whatever my health permits

Monday - Go get the furniture out of layaway, haul it to the rents' place, unload in their garage until we get a f**king house.

Gonz said:

I am confused as to why you're refinishing the floors if you're gonna cover them in carpet...

He may be re-carpetting another area of the house. Refinishing hardwoods makes a lot of dust, and they may need to have it done BEFORE the new carpet gets there so that the carpet doesn't get snowed on.

Back