Lord of the Rings

Shadowfax said:
Oh, and Tom Bombadil really rules! :headbang:

:laugh2:

"...green leaves and lilies white to please my pretty lady,
to flower by her pretty feet until the snows are melted.
Each year at summer's end I go to find them for her,
in a wide pool, deep and clear, far down Withywindle..."

heh...lol. :D

Shadowfax said:
We're doing a little renovation around here, and my speakers aren't fully installed yet...I'm waiting until they're fully installed, and then I'm gonna bother those neighbours....a LOT!

Oh, and Tom Bombadil really rules! :headbang:

Oh! That'll teach'em for looking in your window!

Scanty said:
:laugh2:

"...green leaves and lilies white to please my pretty lady,
to flower by her pretty feet until the snows are melted.
Each year at summer's end I go to find them for her,
in a wide pool, deep and clear, far down Withywindle..."

heh...lol. :D

I vaguely remember that passage :eek:
It's been more than a year since I read LOTR for the last time!

Must read it again very soon, especially before the second movie gets into the cinema :)

Gods do I feel old. I have the full book set in one form or another for years and years now. I've read them all at least 4 or 5 times. Maybe more. Started reading them when I was somewhere between 10 and 12.

Why feel old? I started reading them when I was 11 or so. Have read them like 8 ~ 9 times now. But somehow the books are still as interesting to me as the first time I read them.

I'll never remember the first time I read them; I was so totally focused on it, that I read all 3 parts after eachother, without stopping! :eek:

i got it as a b-day gift and i love it and will buy the box set in november. and to the quote of it not being as good as the book, no movie was ever as good as the book it was based on. books are always better.

Back