Louisiana justice who refused interracial marriage resigns

show me where he made it impossible for these two people to be married

The thread title doesn't say "made it impossible for these two people to be married". It says "refused interracial marriage".

Get that sorted out and come back.

What was your question? All i can figure out so far is that you seriously misread the thread title.

show me where he made it impossible for these two people to be married

meanwhile i will reassert. he declined to personally participate in the service. he in no way denied them anything. get your entitlements in order and come back when you can show me where he denied them anything

I'll make a prediction, that he's going to be better off for his decision,
if he isn't already. ;)

I wonder if anyone will actually follow these peoples marriage, and if
they Will actually Still be married in a year, 2, 3...

a followup would be interesting imo.

I wonder if anyone will actually follow these peoples marriage, and if
they Will actually Still be married in a year, 2, 3...

a followup would be interesting imo.

I think you would need a bigger pool to get any statistically relevant data.

Now follow 6,000 couples

2,000 white
2,000 black
2,000 mixed race (0r up it to include all permutations)

track them for 10 years, and look at divorce rates, and maybe you will see a trend.

I think the divorce rate will probably be equal in all 3 groups.

Yeah, lets punish him for his beliefs that are not yours. What a progressive concept!
He can believe whatever he feels like, but he must execute the duty that he is paid by the citizens to perform. His job is not legislative, it's judicial ... or ... it was.

Massachusetts Man Says He Was Fired for Telling Colleague Her Gay Marriage Is Wrong

A manager at a Massachusetts retail store claims he was unjustly fired after he told a colleague he thought her impending marriage to another woman was wrong.

<s>

"I found it offensive that she repeatedly brought it up," Vidala said. "By the fourth time she mentioned it, I felt God wanted me to express how I felt about the matter, so I did. But my tone was downright apologetic. I said, 'Regarding your homosexuality, I think that's bad stuff.'"

Political Correctness is a blight on freedom of thought

:hippy:

The thread title doesn't say "made it impossible for these two people to be married". It says "refused interracial marriage".

Get that sorted out and come back.

so you suport individual choice

that'll bite you in the ass. might even have to surrender your membership card

second deputy manager at a Brookstone

Assistant to the assistant?

"In the state of Massachusetts, same-sex marriage is legal and there will be people with whom you work with who have fiancées or spouses who are the same gender," the Aug. 12 letter read. "... While you are entitled to your own beliefs, imposing them upon others in the workplace is not acceptable and in this case, by telling a colleague that she is deviant and immoral, constitutes discrimination and harassment."

Fair enough. However, isn't the homosexual partener imposing her beliefs by speaking about her "marriage" imposing therm upon others?

He said he then left the store briefly to visit the airport's chapel before returning....."I see, like all real Christians, homosexuals as people who, like me, are sinners and need to be told the truth in a loving way," he said. "In this situation, I took issue with the behavior. I think it's lunacy to call that type of behavior marriage in any kind of form. I had to express that I'm intolerant of that behavior. It's a love-the-sinner, hate-the-sin kind of deal."

Pissing contest...he lost.

So let me get this straight.

• A public employee should be fired for his beliefs on homosexuality.
  • A private employee should be fired for his beliefs on homosexuality.

I think I'm getting it: homosexuality has protections far beyond that of heterosexuality.

:hippy:

the brutal oppression of the straight white male continues.

i, for one, am feeling REALLY beaten down by this shit. like, um, yesterday i was told that was irrelevant to a conversation because i'm not a lesbian.

oh gosh i was so hurt.

i have to go call mom now.

Back