Man, that hurts

HomeLAN

So, about midnight my stomach got rumbly, and about 4 AM, it was suddenly "2 exits, no waiting!" You gotta love dumping 5 pounds of liquid shit into the bowl while simultaneously puking into the adjacent sink. Whee.

I'm getting better, but does anyone have advice on food ideas that won't send me back to the can?

My advice would be to lay off the tequila.

seriously, try unsweetened warm tea (ginger tea would be best or Chamomile) and some bread, maybe toast.

HomeLAN said:
So, about midnight my stomach got rumbly, and about 4 AM, it was suddenly "2 exits, no waiting!" You gotta love dumping 5 pounds of liquid shit into the bowl while simultaneously puking into the adjacent sink. Whee.

I'm getting better, but does anyone have advice on food ideas that won't send me back to the can?

That's a nasty picture in my head now. Thanks! First and foremost you need to try to keep yourself hydrated. Try some flat ginger ale or some apple juice. secondly, start with dry toast (nothing on it) or salt crackers. if you can keep them down, then you can slowly start eating real food again, but don't overdo it. start with soups and such, things that are light on the stomach and digestive track.

Good luck!

oh, and no beer!

Uki Chick said:
That's a nasty picture in my head now. Thanks! First and foremost you need to try to keep yourself hydrated. Try some flat ginger ale or some apple juice. secondly, start with dry toast (nothing on it) or salt crackers. if you can keep them down, then you can slowly start eating real food again, but don't overdo it. start with soups and such, things that are light on the stomach and digestive track.

Good luck!

oh, and no beer!
what she said

Man alive, I haven't deal with that since I was a teen. Granted, back then, the cure was more of the hair of the dog what bit ya.

Influenza or bad potato salad?

As has been said, clear liquids & dry tasteless stuff. Then time. Hope you feel better.

tonksy said:
My advice would be to lay off the tequila.

seriously, try unsweetened warm tea (ginger tea would be best or Chamomile) and some bread, maybe toast.

Or stay away from the gin...

I'm still amazed that you consistently know the exact quantity of liquid shit you pump out.

Rusty has had the same problem for 2 days. Although he's not throwing up, he still has diarhhea. We've had him drinking tea (I bought him 12 containers of loose tea for Christmas so it's coming in handy), water, apple juice, plain bagels, and cereal. Saltines is a great idea also with the salt to retain a little bit of water at least. I'm on my way out in a few to get some Tucks medicated pads too. :(

Poor guys. I feel for you, I really do. I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, got any Immodium AD?

My recommendation? The BRAT system (bananas, rice, applesauce & toast) and lots of Pedialyte. Gatorade isn't as beneficial.

Getting much better now. 14 hours of straight sleep helped a ton.

The only residual issues now are weakness, lightheadedness, and the fact that every muscle from my neck to my thighs is extrememly sore. Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

Oh, and this was NOT alcohol induced. :rolleyes: Hadn't had a drop within 24 hours of getting hit.

greenfreak said:
We've had him drinking tea (I bought him 12 containers of loose tea for Christmas so it's coming in handy):(

Poor guys. I feel for you, I really do. I hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, got any Immodium AD?

Umm...loose tea for a loose stool? ;)

greenfreak said:
got any Immodium AD?

Oh, hell no. I used that stuff once. Puckered me up for three days. Took longer to get over the damn medicine than just dealing with the illness. Never again.

Before I started eating my dietary fiber cereal every morning, going three days was not unusual for me. Is that not normal?

greenfreak said:
Before I started eating my dietary fiber cereal every morning, going three days was not unusual for me. Is that not normal?

It's perfectly normal .... for a hibernating bear.

immodium doesn't bother me at all but I can not take a laxative. Even milk of magnesia has me tied to the can for the rest of the day.

Back