May in Indiana

Inkara1 said:
RC sucks. It goes flat faster than a cheap tire on a bent rim.
somehow inky, i think you are missing the point. RC is about as country as a turnip green.

The tiny hamlet of Bell Buckle, TN, located south of Nashvegas between Murfreesboro and Shelbyville, hosts the annual Moon Pie and RC Festival every July. Good times are had by all. If you're in the area, check it out sometime.

Coke was invented in Atlanta. You don't get a hell of a lot more Southern.

Screw RC. Tastes like corn syrup in a can.

HomeLAN said:
Coke was invented in Atlanta. You don't get a hell of a lot more Southern.

Screw RC. Tastes like corn syrup in a can.

Coke also has made numerous public statements decrying their Southern genesis. They have financially contributed to causes to erase Southern heritage. I still drink Coke because Pepsi is not an option, but it burns me up to purchase it.

You're gonna have to point those out. If that's the case, I'm betting we find a backdrop of Coke fighting some bullshit bias suit and doing this as a step in defending their corporate survival.

HomeLAN said:
You're gonna have to point those out. If that's the case, I'm betting we find a backdrop of Coke fighting some bullshit bias suit and doing this as a step in defending their corporate survival.

I had the link saved, may take me some digging to find it again. As time permits...

Screw coke, pepsi and all sodas. Drink WATER, your body will thank you for it.

Outsourced to India

Man gets the poop on outsourcing
By Holly McKenna
Mon May 2,12:58 PM ET
Link
DELMAR, N.Y. (Reuters) Computer programmer Steve Relles has the poop
on what to do when your job is outsourced to India.

Relles, one of a rising number of Americans seeking new opportunities as their work shifts to countries with cheaper labor, has spent the past year making his living scooping up dog droppings as the "Delmar Dog Butler."

"My parents paid for me to get a (degree) in math and now I am a pooper scooper," Relles, a 42-year-old married father of two told Reuters. "I can clean four to five yards in a hour if they are close together."
Relles, who lost his computer programming job about three years ago, got the idea of cleaning dog dirt from people's back yards from Mark Booth, a friend in Buffalo, New York.

Relles has over 100 clients who pay $10 each for a once-a-week cleaning of their yard.

Relles competes for business with another local company called "Scoopy Do." Similar outfits have sprung up across America, including Petbutler.net, which operates in Ohio.

In the United States, there are about 63 million dogs, each producing about 23 "presents" per week, which if left can be unsafe for children and pets.

Relles says his business is growing by word of mouth and that most of his clients are women who either don't have the time or desire to pick up the droppings.

"St. Bernard (dogs) are my favorite customers since they poop in large piles which are easy to find," Relles said.

His "scooper" is a converted ice scrapper duct-taped to a ski pole. He flicks the poop into a dust pan lined with a plastic bag, then loads the waste into a large garbage can which he takes to the dump when full.

"It sure beats computer programming because it's flexible, and I get to be outside," he said.

Re: Outsourced to India

Well, up here, they'd have to have that poop sent to a treatment facility. You can be fined if you scoop and drop it into a public trashcan. You have to take it home and flush it.

Oh sure then the guy creates another business
that turns the 'product' into a haute couture fertilizer
and makes another fidy grand a year doin' that!

SouthernN'Proud said:
I had the link saved, may take me some digging to find it again. As time permits...

The original article I read is no longer archived at the site, but here are two that show the progress of the proposed boycott against Coca-Cola. One is the most recent I found, the other is the oldest I found.

Please note: I am not suggesting, encouraging, or asking anyone to sign, do, or think anything. I myself reluctantly still purchase Coca-Cola because Pepsi just ain't an option for me. I do so with a heavy heart, but then I ain't exactly kept my affection for the South a secret around here. I do and have in the past boycott different corporations, including but not limited to Domino's Pizza and WalMart, because I feel strongly enough about things they do or support to refrain from trade with them. Those are my personal decisions; anyone else who wishes to trade with them is fine with me. It's my cause, not yours.

http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/heritage/newsarticle.php?an=375

http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/heritage/newsarticle.php?an=340

So this all relates to the GA flag vote? Puhhhhh-leeeeeeze.

All due respect, that's the biggest fucking time-wasting dog the state house ever wasted it's time on. The Republicans finally gain both the senate and the house, and THIS is what they choose to fuck with?

SnP, I know your opinions on this, but I flat-out disagree with them. There's not a business that has to deal with out of state customers/competition/suppliers that doesn't want that symbol off the state flag. No matter whether it's right or wrong, the perception of that flag creates problems with image that businesses just don;t need to devote resources towards overcoming.

That's not Coke disavowing its southern past, IMO. It's Coke acknowledging economic reality.

To try to link coke to the supposed "South' is silly.
Them boyz went globo-corp. years and years ago.

Damn that Euro-disney!

Boycott all petrol-chemical products to protest 9-11!

oh and stop breathing like anyone would care

I don't disagree with your assertations about the economic impacts.

The original article was more about Coca-Cola's public statements regarding their Southern ties and genesis. I truly wish it was still archived. The state flag was barely mentioned.

I too feel that perhaps the symbol should be dropped from state flags. It was the battle flag of a nation, not a state symbol. Be that as it may, and my own personal convictions aside, I also think that any state that disavows its former allegiance to the CSA is doing its own history a disservice. Similarly, I find it laughable to hear all the New England states rant and rave about their own historical myths. History, popular or otherwise, is what it was. Simply wishing it had been different should not be grounds for teaching it that way. Sadly, that's what we have now...edited history, revised to suit current tastes.

Four whole years
Wow you'd forgive me if I missed it in the two thousand plus years of recorded history.
So their biggest and bestest legacy was Hmmm Iffin' I remember cerectly was
getting 600,000+ Americans kilt and
slavery

is thata 'bout right?

Not even close.

If you so choose, I recommend a visit to your local library. Check out The South Was Right! by Kennedy and Kennedy. You might learn something. If you do not so choose, you are free to remain in your ignorance of unedited history. It really ain't no skin off my nose either way.

Back