McDonald's

Jeslek

Banned
A large coke (750 mL, 32 fl. oz.) at McDonald's costs McD about a dime to make (including the cup, and coke itself). Their profit margin on the pop is HUGE.

Also huge on the Coffee (lawsuits excluded )actually most places make a huge profit on drinks .Try buying a coke/7up in a bar .:rolleyes:

Jeslek said:
A large coke (750 mL, 32 fl. oz.) at McDonald's costs McD about a dime to make (including the cup, and coke itself). Their profit margin on the pop is HUGE.

In a world where the bottom line is profit, yer point is......?

My guess is the equalibrium is found where the patti meets the griddle, no?

Jeslek said:

I'd like to know your point here too, are you against capitalism or something?

EVERYBODY'S profit margin on SODA is huge, but we all still pay it, so what the fuck, it's capitalism in action.

You think McDonalds profit margins are big on drinks, try just about every movie theatre in the US. Not sure about Canada, but they might be even worse there. :tardbang:

Actually, the cost of the consumables (food and drink), is the least important expense in the restaraunt business.

Jeslek said:

how many cents is a dime? (10???)

chcr said:
Actually, the cost of the consumables (food and drink), is the least important expense in the restaraunt business.

As long as your inventory management system works. Nothing impacts a bottom line like rot loss.

You're right, though. For most of 'em, it's labor that eats up the cost side.

fury said:
You think McDonalds profit margins are big on drinks, try just about every movie theatre in the US. Not sure about Canada, but they might be even worse there.

I cry every time I go to the movies and buy popcorn and a coke.
It's about $10...their cost...about $.75, including the electricity, the products, and the salary they pay to the minimum-wage monkeys behind the counter (divided by the amount of time it takes them to serve it).

Movies are from $9-$12 per person up here...so

2 people - $22
2 Popcorns/Coke- $20
Sticky floors - $Free

Movie with da'wife $42
Getting away from my loveable monster for the night - Priceless :)

:rofl:

Bish, doesn't your missus go to the movies during the day with the li'l monster, while you're at work?

BWT same city, my numbers.

2 admissions $10
1 Lg P-corn
1 Med soda
1 Med Slushie $12.25

Total for a night without the V's $22.25

Back