Mel Gibson seeks forgiveness

Inkara1 said:
So Gonz's claim that liberal judges are fucking up America is that far out?

The "liberalization of america" implies that America is becoming liberalized. With the the way the conservative agenda in the executive branch has been running roughshod over the 2 other branches as of late I'd say the statement is pretty far out.

The other implication was that letting off pedophiles was a liberal/conservative issue. Also far out.

Don't conservative judges tend to believe in punishment, while liberal judges lean more towards validating feelings, being touchy-feely and letting people off with a slap on the wrist because they say they're sorry?

Inkara1 said:
Don't conservative judges tend to believe in punishment, while liberal judges lean more towards validating feelings, being touchy-feely and letting people off with a slap on the wrist because they say they're sorry?

I wouldn't make that assumption or that either of them wants to let off pedophiles.

In this case it looks like somebody neglected to look up the word "depict".

spike said:
Things get so off topic I forget what thread I'm reading.

That's cool though. :)

That's a big part of the fun. And when you're really good, you can circle it back to the original topic without anyone noticing.

the part abotu offtopic being fun - lol

j/k (mandatory as per AUP)

and everyone can act like an asshole when they want, don't mean we have to forgive them.

spike said:
is becoming liberalized.

HAS become.

spike said:
With the the way the conservative agenda in the executive branch has been running roughshod

There hasn't been a conservative in that office since Reagan.

So, Mel Gibson gets drunk and says some things he later apologizes for and some people here still refuse to grant him forgiveness?

I wonder how many hypocrites we have here who have said or did things while drunk that were out of their character and regretted what they have done...

Gotholic said:
So, Mel Gibson gets drunk and says some things he later apologizes for and some people here still refuse to grant him forgiveness?

I wonder how many hypocrites we have here who have said or did things while drunk that were out of their character and regretted what they have done...

Drinking releases inhabitions, does not make ones personality do a 180.

he may regret it, but for what he said, or the fact it got out?

Gotholic said:
have said or did things while drunk that were out of their character and regretted what they have done...

Guilty :toast:

Sometimes to the truth comes out too. I think Gibson is getting a harder time because him and his Dad already appeared to be anti-jewish so it's much harder to believe he didn't mean it.

paul_valaru said:
Drinking releases inhabitions,

Yes, but that does not mean what he said while drunk was his absolute belief.

paul_valaru said:
does not make ones personality do a 180.

Intoxication affects varies from person to person.

paul_valaru said:
he may regret it, but for what he said, or the fact it got out?

I guess that is subject to interpretation.

Back