Michael Jackson Court thread

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
One look at MJ & one look at the boy & "If it don't fit you must aquit" must have applied.

unclehobart

Thats a racist all white jury for ya ... giving a poor black man the chair.

hmm?

do what?

let him off?

no way.

They should be sued by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for restraint of trade in that they now can't preach the hate.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Now if they'd had that trial down here in the oh-so-racist South, we'd all have been happy, huh?

Money talks I guess. Can't say I'm surprised. I just wonder how these jurors will face their friends at the local WalMart next week.

Uki Chick

Jurors Despised Accuser's Mom
Tuesday, June 14, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. — The jurors who acquitted Michael Jackson of child molestation had harsh words for the accuser's mother, who made them uncomfortable during her jumbled and volatile testimony.

Jurors said they were especially put off when the mother snapped her fingers at them while on the stand. "I disliked it intensely when she snapped her fingers at us. That's when I thought 'Don't snap your fingers at me, lady,' said juror No. 5, a retired widow.

Jurors spoke Monday in a tightly controlled news conference in a spare courtroom outfitted to look more like a TV studio. As a condition of their willingness to participate, they were identified by number, not by name.

Later, several used their names during interviews with the news media, including Juror No. 1, Raymond Hultman, 62. He told The Associated Press in an interview at his home that he believed Jackson may have molested at least two boys — but not the accuser.

He said he voted to acquit Jackson in the current case because he had doubts about the accuser's credibility. "That's not to say he's an innocent man," Hultman said. "He's just not guilty of the crimes he's been charged with."

Source

MrBishop

Not guilty...but hardly innocent.

I'm not at all surprised.... what would surprise me is if MJ could actually push him career to anywhere resembling his 1980's stardom. I understand that he's still hot in Europe...but I don't think that it'd be enough.
:drink:

Winky

Jackson goes free, but jurors troubled
Nick Papps
Santa Maria
15jun05
link
That was the stunning admission just hours after they acquitted the singer of molesting a 13-year-old cancer patient, plying him with alcohol and holding his family hostage.
"I feel that Michael Jackson probably has molested boys," juror Raymond Hultman said after yesterday's dramatic verdict.

"I cannot believe that . . . this man could sleep in the same bedroom for 365 straight days and not do something more than just watch television and eat popcorn.

"I mean, that doesn't make sense to me. But that doesn't make him guilty of the charges that were presented in this case, and that's where we had to make our decision."

Jury foreman Paul Rodriguez said jurors were very troubled that Jackson slept with children.

"We would hope . . . that he doesn't sleep with children any more," he said.
-----------

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Once again, justice is left looking stupid because of the failure of the DA of Santa Barbara.

1. This case was weak from the start, and should never have been brought to trial as it was.
2. The family of the accuser was extremely dubious, and should never have been permitted onto the witness stand.
3. The DA had an obvious dislike for the 'defendant' since 1993...when the original kid was bought off, thereby causing the fiasco we witnessed this year. He never even tried to downplay his personal emotions when dealing with the case.