Microsoft Finally wakes up and faces the World

THERE IS A GOD!!! My prayers have been answered.
Another bastion of stupidity down... Only a couple hundred million more to go.

Hopefully AOL will follow suit...oh wait no..it has to SUCK A THOUSAND TIMES MORE BEFORE IT'S FOLLIES BITE IT IN THE ASS *ahem*...*crosses fingers*

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I used to spend a bit of time in MSN chatrooms, usually the private rooms ran by friends.

One night I got bored and wandered into one of the public rooms (a room which was still supposed to be for 18+ folks only)...went trawling through the profiles and saw that there was a 14 yr old lass in there.

I pm'd the "administrator" of the room.........this is supposed to be a bod under the employ of microsoft......a person who was actually paid to sit and make sure no improper conduct was going on.

My pm' read as follows - "Do you know that there is a 14 yr old kid sitting in this fucking room? She is called [nickname]"

The result of me helping out the lazy arsed administator?

I got kicked and banned for 24 hours for using the word "fuckin" :eh: A friend later told me that the kid was still in the room for most of the night. And they wander why chat became a perverts stalking ground :rolleyes:

That was the last time I bothered with the public rooms.

bleach said:
This doesn't surprise me at all.

I used to spend a bit of time in MSN chatrooms, usually the private rooms ran by friends.

One night I got bored and wandered into one of the public rooms (a room which was still supposed to be for 18+ folks only)...went trawling through the profiles and saw that there was a 14 yr old lass in there.

I pm'd the "administrator" of the room.........this is supposed to be a bod under the employ of microsoft......a person who was actually paid to sit and make sure no improper conduct was going on.

My pm' read as follows - "Do you know that there is a 14 yr old kid sitting in this fucking room? She is called [nickname]"

The result of me helping out the lazy arsed administator?

I got kicked and banned for 24 hours for using the word "fuckin" :eh: A friend later told me that the kid was still in the room for most of the night. And they wander why chat became a perverts stalking ground :rolleyes:

That was the last time I bothered with the public rooms.
God, I detest idiots like that.

kr4 said:
cyber Nazi idiots like bleach?...tsk tsk

When I was 14 I was playing football, riding dirt bikes, target practicing with a BB gun, exploring the woods around my house, renting movies, playing video games....and just hoping I could find a girl to give me the time of day...

Do you really think its BETTER FOR THEM to sit in chat rooms and be subjected to perverts, pedophiles, dim wits, morons, loosers, people with no lives...

And start thinking thats NORMAL ADULT BEHAVIOR???

:confused:

AnomalousEntity said:
When I was 14 I was playing football, riding dirt bikes, target practicing with a BB gun, exploring the woods around my house, renting movies, playing video games....and just hoping I could find a girl to give me the time of day...

Do you really think its BETTER FOR THEM to sit in chat rooms and be subjected to perverts, pedophiles, dim wits, morons, loosers, people with no lives...

And start thinking thats NORMAL ADULT BEHAVIOR???

:confused:
It will be normal adult behavior in ~15-25 years, sadly. :(:(:(:(

Sadly Altron seems to be the norm as far as young teens go...

... it's our fault, we've over indulged them as a society and allowed concepts like discipline and suffering the consequences of one's own actions (e.g. removing the fail mark from sats and replacing it with "almost achieved" - if they never fail why bother to work harder to acheive a better mark? ) to become outmoded. Now the majority appear to expect everything on a plate and don't know the meaning of hardwork... So of course they will perpetuate this with their children... What a sad indictment on our society... and even sadder for those lost children... :(

Back