Microwaving water? - Beware!

It's got a WAN serial port. You can hook up pretty much anything you want, from ATM to frame relay. Internal ISDN port, etc. And as hardcore as IBM gets.

unclehobart said:
dunno.... looked big enough to be a nice coaster. I can always use an IBM coaster.

*note to self : IBM coaster for chris.... *BAM* mas

Sorry bout that. I've been trying to get that bastard fruit fly for the past two days.

IBM 2210-24M

IBMTCRSplit.jpg

Router...like...hook up for more than one computer deal??

I need one of those...we have 3 computers in this house and can only run two at a time :eyebrow:

Nix, you are thinking of a $40 NAT router that does one thing. This one, like Unc said, does lots of things and (used to be) a bit more expensive. I work with routers that cost $30,000 and we are a medium/small network. It's not uncommon to have routers cost in the neighborhood of $100,000.

unlikely to have small surface scratches inside it that provide a place for the bubbles to form

heh

Mythbusters did this and if the water is distilled it won't boil in a microwave ,you need contaminants in the water for it to boil,but as soon as you drop something into it or stir it with a spoon BAM!!!!! major action. Regular tap water does not produce the same reaction when super microwaved.

Professur said:
Why would you nuke an apple?
I've been working with an iMac the last few weeks at the paper. This iMac is circa 2001 and has 192MB of RAM, with which I have to run Outlook Express, Quark, Photoshop, Word, sometimes Excel, and Internet Explorer. It takes about three minutes after the system boots up before it will respond to a mouse click.

I'm certainly ready to nuke an Apple right about now.

rrfield said:
Nix, you are thinking of a $40 NAT router that does one thing. This one, like Unc said, does lots of things and (used to be) a bit more expensive. I work with routers that cost $30,000 and we are a medium/small network. It's not uncommon to have routers cost in the neighborhood of $100,000.

OK, does anyone have some examples of what else these would do?? I may need one and not even know it :D

Dang mebbe you guys need for U.S.
to pass some NAFTA \ CAFTA
action up your way? heh heh

Professur said:
Are kettles so damn expensive???

Precisely. When my life gets so cluttered and boistrous that I need to save those extra 75 seconds this desperately, someone do the right thing and shoot me.

Nixy said:
OK, does anyone have some examples of what else these would do?? I may need one and not even know it :D

Looking at a few of my configs...

Granular QoS, down to the bit, DSCP marking, CoS-to-DSCP mappings (IP Prec also), weighted fair queuing, multiple routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc), E1/T1 full or frac, multilink ppp, policy based routing, 802.1q VLAN's, various multicast methods (SSM being my favorite), basic packet filtering (stateful packet filtering is available, but I like using a router to route and a firewall to inspect/filter packets. call me old fashioned), RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication, PPTP tunnel termination, cisco express forwarding, hot standby routing protocol, proxy arp, ICMP redirects (turn that shit off though), SNMP trap notification, NTP client and/or server, EtherChannel, NAT/PAT, reliable static backup, netflow,

and other not as important things. Fun stuff. If you are a dork.

Back