Mike Abruzzese Sr., RIP

Mare

:love: OMG, friends and family there for the boys and I. There was a great number of ppl that came last night. It all turned out so beautiful, when I get some pictures, I will definetely share with all. It was a very nice memorial I must say. The boys were very pleased. We even had roses for them to walk up and put by their dads picture. They were strong and brave young men and they made me so proud to be their mother :crying5: :crying5: :crying5:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
That's so great, Mare. Sounds like you have a great support network and 2 beautiful babies. xo

Mare

Thanks Spirit.

Know what the worst part is, his birthday was this sunday, september 10th. So, the boys and I were thinking of taking his daddy flower heart from the memorial and letting it go in the Gulf. ???? whatcha's think ????
he would have been 40 this year

majestyx

Mare, I think that would be wonderful for your boys to do. So sorry to hear about their dad. Hope they are coping with it as well as can be expected. You too. ;)

Mare

Took the boys the night before last and had them put their "Daddy" heart in the Gulf. They lowered it in the water and we watched it float away.

Mare

Actually Spirit, it was not bad they got some more closure. We are still waiting for their Aunt & Uncle to send their dads ashes. Got these really nice silver boxes for the boys and want to take them to the funeral home and have the ashes switched into them. Hoping its possible, because somehow they have to be sealed closed so the boys dont open them. They are also supposed to send the flag that was given to them to the boys. Just Waiting!

Mare

Back in April when me and the boys went to NJ, the boys spread some ashes where Mike and michael used to fish at the old railraod tracks, Then a month ago they put some in the myakka river down the street from our house. The boys have their keepsake boxes with alittle ashes in them. Yesterday was their dads birthday so I took them down to the river and we planted a tree. It was really nice, michael loves doing stuff like that to remember his dad.
I'll post pictures when I get them on here of planting the tree.

Here are two, one from NJ and one from FL.

Professur

Good. That's important. One of the things people miss with cremations is the grave to visit in times of stress, or memory. That tree will serve nicely.

Mare

Ok downlaoded them on here, also was driving back from taking matt to school this morning and the sky was beautiful, this is in the direction of their dad.