Mike Abruzzese Sr., RIP

Mare

Hey All, its been awhiule, my computer is giving us problems, so using sis's. Monday night at 9:51 P.m. the boys dad passed away in NJ. Michael and Matthew had talked to him Sunday and Monday ALOT on the phone, it was not financially possible for me to get them up there, plus he was hooked to a respirator and doing not well at all. It was the hardest decision in my life to have to make for them to see their dad or not. I chose not. And i talked it over with my 12 year old and he said he was afraid to fly-thank god for small blessings. I am having a memorial for the boys of their father Tuesday, september 5th at 7pm, and back in jersey his is on saturday, for those of you whom want to read the Obit, go to Courier post, south jersey and he is the first one , Michael J Abruzzese, as of today. I am putting one for the boys here in florida as of tomorrow, it will be in the Englewood sun-herald.
Anywho, talk to you all soon, lots of work still to do, hopefully my computer will be up soon.

Mare

I contacted his uncle Deece, joe's brother, joe is in Chicago, not sure what he has heard.
Yes, my boys daddy and mike is taking it very bad, I swear I have been to hell and back already. This is the most hardest time of my life for my boys right now i swear, but i am holding.

Professur

Courage, Mare. and Faith. We're all here for you. And you're there for the boys. That's what matters now.

Mare

I have to get off sis's computer, I will get in touch with OTC as soon as mine is up, wish there was a shout box! Nite all, take care of you's

Mare

Courage, Mare. and Faith. We're all here for you. And you're there for the boys. That's what matters now.

Thanks Prof. , I'm trying, know what really suchs, i never knew i would feel this way about him passing. Its so hard to stop the tears, and scott has been a saint. I comfort the boys every chance i get.

A.B.Normal

Hope the boys deal with it as well as can be expected for there age/maturity level.We are all for you if you need to vent or just talk.

Mare

He was sick? I think I remember he was? I'm so sorry. Hug those boys for me.

Yes, he had secondary cancer and huntingtons disease, but the cancer is what he actually died from. He had a huge tumor on his back and one in right right lung that just took over.
The boys got to talk to him sunday and monday and he died monday night, so they had alittle comfort from that.

Mare

This is the arrangement I got for the boys for tuesday night, and it is going to have a ribbon for them that says "DADDY".

browneyedMAC

mare: i'm very sorry to hear about the boys daddy!! my deepest sympathy and prayers go out to you and yours. the only suggestion i have for you is, no matter how old the boys are or how well they seem to be dealing with it....counseling. it's really a smart idea!! they have great berevement (spelling??) groups for kids these days....check into it if you get a chance....my thoughts and prayers will be with you all at this difficult time....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My condolences Mare :hug:

I agree with MAC about the counseling. It may turn out that they can handle it on their own but it never hurts to have a professional have a little chat with them to ensure that all their feelings are being dealt with in a healthy way :)

Mare

mare: i'm very sorry to hear about the boys daddy!! my deepest sympathy and prayers go out to you and yours. the only suggestion i have for you is, no matter how old the boys are or how well they seem to be dealing with it....counseling. it's really a smart idea!! they have great berevement (spelling??) groups for kids these days....check into it if you get a chance....my thoughts and prayers will be with you all at this difficult time....

Thanks, and thanks to Nixy too, I already talked to both school counselors, and they referred me to a woman that deals with both of their schools from Hospice. She is a child grief counselor. Matt see's her tomorrow (tuesday), and then the servise tomorrow night, and Mike will see her wednesday, and they both know they are going to have this one appointment with her at the school and if they choose to want more they may! (wink-wink)
I have been preparing the boys in-case this over the past year now. But, we all know when it actually happens no-one is prepared. This woman also knows of an adult counselor which i can visit with, and its free, so i am taking advantage of it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Thanks, and thanks to Nixy too, I already talked to both school counselors, and they referred me to a woman that deals with both of their schools from Hospice. She is a child grief counselor. Matt see's her tomorrow (tuesday), and then the servise tomorrow night, and Mike will see her wednesday, and they both know they are going to have this one appointment with her at the school and if they choose to want more they may! (wink-wink)
I have been preparing the boys in-case this over the past year now. But, we all know when it actually happens no-one is prepared. This woman also knows of an adult counselor which i can visit with, and its free, so i am taking advantage of it.

Good for you Mare :hug:

My mom took me and my bro to a family counsellour a few months after my dad died cause she was concerned about my bro...turns out we were both handling it fine and she ended up seeing someone for a few months to help her deal with it. Glad to see you've got your bases covered.

browneyedMAC

mare....you are definately a pillar your boys can lean on!!! make sure you take time for just you, too!! recharge your batteries when needed! xoxo

Mare

mare....you are definately a pillar your boys can lean on!!! make sure you take time for just you, too!! recharge your batteries when needed! xoxo

YESSSSSSSSS! I definetely NEED some for myself, tonight is the memorial service we are having here in Florida for the sake of the boys. And when all is said and done, I still have a message certificate that Scott got me at Christmas and know what -IM USING IT! My muscles are all so tense and tight and my mind is tired, i need to relax and unwind somehow. All know how I like my beer and my stomach has been in such knots i cannot even enjoy one. Cannot wait to relax and unload!

browneyedMAC

I still have a message certificate that Scott got me at Christmas and know what -IM USING IT!

i need to relax and unwind somehow.

Cannot wait to relax and unload!

good for you hon!! and remember, your friends and family are there for you..take solice in that!