mmm...lead sammiches.

Spot, good luck with those deer! I have heard horror stories about them and what kind of damage they do. People actually buy predator urine to try to keep them away; not really sure if it works or not. Hope you have a doggie door so your puppy can play with them. :D

Les, I take my neighbor's leaves on garbage pickup day because I don't have trees in my yard and I use them as mulch for my containers which don't get enough protection because they're not in the ground. But two things; you can shred them a bit so they don't form a heavy mat or they can be turned and sifted when they're dry; that will prevent mildew. And pine needles will change the pH of the soil which could be a problem for certain plants. I used the boughs leftover from my christmas tree to just cover the pots to keep the loose leaves from blowing away and they were fine.

SNP, since I'm the one that's mostly touting the advantages to organics, I'll assume your last post was mostly directed to me. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm sorry you feel I'm slaying you but why are you so bitter? And who said anything about a Confederate Cross, how does that have anything to do with gardening?

I just don't see laziness as an appropriate reason to throw chemicals on everything in sight and that's the only reasoning I've heard so far. Most people who do this never look into what insects they get or any other options to eradicate them and to me, that's irresponsible. You didn't say what you spray with so for all I know, it could be a natural pesticide like Neem Oil.

Shit, I wish I had property big enough to drive a tractor onto. Then again, they're not that easy to come by in my neck of the woods.

Madame Greenfreak, may I point you to a blurb I found at Drudges site & wonder aloud, if Sting is in for a hard time. I mean, if anybody is socially conscious & rich enough to afford giving orgnanic food away, it would have to be Sting. Lord knows the poor family farmer can't afford it ;)

Pop star Sting to introduce a line of premium-priced organic food products produced on his estate farm in Tuscany, Italy... Developing...

Back