MRE

unclehobart said:
I ate a few cases back when I was 18. I actually liked them... but had to give them up at they were too caloric and packing on the weight too fast.

Someone told me once they they're also designed to constipate. The logic was so that you wouldn't need to do your business in the heat of battle. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense i guess.

PostCode said:
Yeah, all these have that green (they just had to use green...) heater thingie. Kinda piffy really. Light enough to use for backpacking and nixing the backpack heater. I've gotta try them out to see how well they work before justifying the loss of my backpack heater though.

I'm doing what with the who now? :lol2:

HeXp£Øi± said:
Someone told me once they they're also designed to constipate. The logic was so that you wouldn't need to do your business in the heat of battle. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense i guess.
Thats probably just an old wives tale. The MREs fill the roles of being nutritious, caloric, impervious to environment; all at a minimum of weight. That means that they are substances that are mostly devoid of water weight. Eating them without guzzling large quantities of water would surely lock the intestines down as they suck the marrow right out of you trying to rehydrate.

HeXp£Øi± said:

This is true. Very true. When you start crappin' rail road spikes it's time to seek other nutrition.

Buy myself about 12 MRE's at a time for when I go camping. Lightweight and easy to make. Pretty tasty most of the time.

The only pain is walking out the package afterwards...Thou shalt not litter!!

Back