Must be nice to be stupid...

PostCode

Major contributor!
My computer isn't working right.....

dumb.jpg

Gee, ya think maybe this has something to do with it?

What the fuck? Everyone knows you use Duct tape in a situation like that, Never use masking tape. Duh.

The sad thing is that there is a mount right above for a second drive. You can see the edge of it along the top of the photo.

That thing was swinging around in there all the way from his house to my store...

I found the problem. It has nothing to do with the masking tape. It's because those are Western Digital Caviar hard drives.

markjs said:
Whats wrong with Western Digital?
Rephrase that to whats right and you'd be closer

[edit]Add SeaGate too.....little better than expensive door stops

PT said:
What the fuck? Everyone knows you use Duct tape in a situation like that, Never use masking tape. Duh.

I agree
And I know nothing about the inside of my computer, BUT even I know Duct tape it when its broke..... :lol2:

Only one drive manufacturer has a five year warranty though. That's Seagate. No Maxtrash, no Western Digital, no Samsung....no other drive manufacturer has a five year warranty.

Only because they bloody need it! Every seagate I've ever had has never lasted more than 12 months. They all seem to develop what I call 'black hole sectors', bad sectors that consume any and all data in their general vicinity....

Ok, I just had to slide the lid open and take a peek.. Yup, my memory served me right, my second hd is a Seagate. It's 10 months old. Getting worried here..

I yanked out the floppy disk to make room for it. Never used it anyways..

I buy WD for the 3 year warrantee. I was going to buy a Seagate next for the warrantee. I have not had many problems with WD.

You know what I saw that was stupid? My friend has a Compaq with a 1.3GHz Celeron and it had a heatsink from the K6-2 Era on it. I was alway crashing till I slapped a Thermaltake Volcano 2 on it. Now that's stupid when it's corporate design stupidity.

What else is stupid is cases that have mountings sandwiched closely together. I once used it that way with my Western Digitals and as soon as summer hit it was crash city til I seperated the drives. Part of that is my stupidity.

That's why I had to remove the floppy and put the second hd up there. When I put it where it was supposed to go, I could have fried eggs on it. Now the temperature is just fine.

Thats why they stick so many fan mountings in there because they KNOW the thermodynamics suck :(

That's the single biggest reason I use the cases I have now. It's got two drives racks on the front bottom. In front of these are two fans mounts. Slap a couple 80MM in front blowing in and those drives stay nice and cool. I've had two 15K Seagates in there and after two hours they were still cool to the touch.

Back